Forum

New Georgia Defense

10 years 2 weeks ago #59924 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Newca Georgia Defense
Watching the highlights of that game brought back a memory from 1985 or 86. Went to a regular season game in the stadium between ucla and oregon. Big, old concrete stadium with 2x12 or so lumber you sat on. Very low slope on the stadium just kind of gradually sloped up. Cant remember much about the game but do remember a beautiful 75 degree day without a cloud in the sky. Was not a big crowd or great game but was a memorable day. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59930 by scooby
Must admit i didnt stay up for the whole game the night of the game. Just watched Auburns drive with less than two minutes and they made some clutch plays to keep it going. Good defense but better execution by AU. Also some poor tackling on the td run with a minute and change. The FSU o won this game. Just a few random thoughts after watching the end for the first time.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59932 by scooby
And i do think Pruit was a good hire... :) Glad to see the fans excited.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #59933 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Newca Georgia Defense
scooby, what Auburn did last season under Gus Malzahn was expected by the rest of the SEC, to a point. The speed with which they lined up was not something the others folks were really prepared for. Pruitt has witnessed it first hand, and it appears to me that is what he is preparing for in Athens. Never look too far ahead, but I do know that Auburn is playing the game between the Hedges this season.

I have watched the FSU/Auburn game also, and am in full agreement with Alabama Head Coach Nick Saban . . . . Auburn's offensive line was head and shoulders above most/all SEC offensive lines, including Nick's.

From my experience in football, offensive linemen like to fire out and lay licks on the defense. Game is set up today for not only the fans, the media loves to cover "ball in the air football". That creates serious problems for those offensive linemen that often have to play off of their heels.

Don't care which blog anyone reads pertaining to football, every college football team in the country is always looking for a "left tackle". We read as much about left tackles as we do quarterbacks in some cases.

Much was said about Auburn's running game, and they were all that. I wonder what Gurley could have accomplished behind their offensive line. Therein lies the problem with our recruiting efforts over many years. Richt has been absent from that particular area. Whether any of us like or dislike the way Richt coaches, he has not done a good job with the offensive front. Said many times, the game starts there. Nick and Gus understand that . . . . need I say more?

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #59935 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Newca Georgia Defense
Mentioned in this thread and others that I am keeping an eye on Louisville (grantham). Pulled a short piece from the link below . . . . does it sound like what we went through with gramtham?

"Sometimes they may know what to do, but they're second-guessing themselves," Rankins said. "With the spring, everything's thrown at us so fast. … With the summer and time to dissect the playbook, coming out for camp and the first game, we'll be fine."

Remember the same words being spoken in Athens. My guess is grantham is a short timer, with the added dollars in his pocket. Sorry, he ain't all that. Louisville will soon find out.

Thanks Louisville, this Dawg appreciates you "stealing" grantham from us. :)

www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/col...spring-game/7628689/
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59936 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Newca Georgia Defense
Mom's. Words. A leopard never changes his spots Zebra his stripes

Towel Toddy in for the green. Big pay day from Louisville. Then back with buds inthe NFL

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds