Forum

New Georgia Defense

10 years 1 week ago #59994 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic New Georgia Defense

ogredawg wrote:

Buc wrote:

DAWGtm wrote: Just wait it won't be long after the season starts that the tint will come off their rose colored glasses.

Once upon a time I was "somewhat" a part of that. Did not remain too long, some call them "stuffed shirts", I think that "most" are not on an equal footing with most on this board.

The AJC posters "eat it up", not all, most. Here is hoping that many on this board don't get too mad at me . . . . they (AJC posters) are still "wet behind their ears". Posters and "pouters".

Many of those "know it alls" check this board out, they do undertand that the AJC BS will get their butts kicked here.

I said that. :whistle:

FIRST

(just had to do it Buc) :evil:

My respect for you ogredawg is just that. RESPECT.

Agreeing does not mean a damn thing on this board. Especially this board. You are one that I follow closely, meaning this . . . . I follow because you are true to yourself. Speaks volumes to me.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #59995 by Buc
Read this on the internet, had to bring it home for all to read. This is how I feel about Jeremy Pruitt. Been a long time coming. Young men had better want to play, Pruitt ain't giving anything away. About time we found a replacememt for Erk.

I hope all this being demanding comes with an understanding that these guys need to want to please him more than they want anything in life. I’ll never forget Loran Smith’s story about being on plane with a recently failed GT coach (Bud Carson) who made a comment about needing a “tough guy, an enforcer, like Coach Dooley had,” Loran, confused at first about who he was talking about, told Carson that the kids at Georgia didn’t fear Erk, they’d run through walls for Coach Russell. Coaches and fans both forget that lesson. You don’t go to war against your players, you go to war with them. With a bloodied dome as proof if need be.

Edit: Tray Matthews did not practice on Tuesday. Not trying to read too much into that, could be that "hammie". Something is not quite right, transferring would not surprise me. Richt seemed a bit upset when the Matthews subject came up in his last interview. Maybe he has decided to put on a pair of "big boy pants".

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 week ago #59996 by Buc

ogredawg wrote:

Buc wrote:

DAWGtm wrote: Just wait it won't be long after the season starts that the tint will come off their rose colored glasses.

Once upon a time I was "somewhat" a part of that. Did not remain too long, some call them "stuffed shirts", I think that "most" are not on an equal footing with most on this board.

The AJC posters "eat it up", not all, most. Here is hoping that many on this board don't get too mad at me . . . . they (AJC posters) are still "wet behind their ears". Posters and "pouters".

Many of those "know it alls" check this board out, they do undertand that the AJC BS will get their butts kicked here.

I said that. :whistle:

FIRST

(just had to do it Buc) :evil:

Meant to say this yesterday. Too Damn Funny, and Truth is told.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #59997 by Buc
Another good read from Marc Weiszer. Glad to see this conditioning being instituted by the coaches is not just Pruitt, Rocker is fully on board. Can only imagine what we would be doing training wise with grantham still running the defense.

There is also more blame to go around. Mark Richt is the head coach. Did he not understand the payoff in football games comes from conditioning. More to playing football than lifting. Not trying to be ugly, trying to expose some of our problems in recent years. Things that many have discussed here.

One case in point. Nose guard Jenkins weighed a lot. After his college days were over and the NFL draft was coming up, first words out of Jenkins mouth, he was losing weight and getting in shape. New coaching staff at UGA is facing the "real problems" head on. Leadership.

dogbytesonline.com/georgia-summer-focus-...them-all-down-83296/

Edit: Noticed in the article that Pruitt served Swann notice of compliance. Pruitt ain't playing around.

Edit 2: Any guesses who the "he" is that Pruitt is referring to?
He gave them out because that’s what they do at Georgia, but Pruitt wasn’t impressed enough to give anybody a trophy; in his mind, no one deserved an accolade.

Jeremy Pruitt does not walk lightly. Could this be another VD/Erk situation in the first stages?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 week ago #59998 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic New Georgia Defense
After reading the article makes me wonder is our S&C program capable of achieving this and if so why hasn't it already been accomplished.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #59999 by Buc
DAWGtm, it seems to me that over a long period of time we always seem to come up with questions that other teams seem to have answers for.

Remember playing Florida a few years back, in the second half, they were pointing their fingers at our players and laughing about us being out of shape.

Alabama sure proved that point in the second half of the SECCG against us. Have mentioned that a couple of times, but sometimes it is a good thing to "remind" some that all has not been well in Athens.

I do not believe that Pruitt, Rocker and others are going to allow the same misguided mistakes to continue under their watch. Comes a time when changes are necessary. At this point, appears that "conditioning" is under fire from the likes of Pruitt and Rocker. I continue to mention Rocker, say again, could not have hired a better man for the job.

Mat drills were supposed to be the answer to the conditioning problem. We have seen that theory bite the dust before. Pruitt knows and says that there is much that needs to be done to reach the heights that all of us want. Pruitt in the short time he has been on campus is laying it out for all to see. ALL.

Today I am watching the South Carolina Spring Game. Defense better be ready, Carolina has a really good offensive line, aggressive. Looking at their defense, our offense should be able to put points on the board.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds