Forum

New Georgia Defense

10 years 1 week ago #59879 by Buc
New Georgia Defense was created by Buc
Think that Jeremy Pruitt has shown us enough of what he believes in moving forward with our defense thus far. Pruitt believes in speed, quickness. Our last defensive coordinator was about size.

Spent some more time looking over FSU and the way they moved on defense, Pruitt in my opinion is doing the same thing here. Some of the first words out of his mouth were . . . . players dropping some weight. Moving 180 degrees away from what grantham wanted, and taught. (?)

One article that I read said that Pruitt had the defensive backs running wind sprints, know some on this board played, wind sprints, hated them. Pruitt is I am convinced, playing defensive football in a much different way than most of us have seen between the Hedges in a long time, maybe ever.

Right off the bat, Pruitt comes on board, just behind him one of the top defensive backs in the country signs on. Terry Godwin is probably one of the top receivers in the country also, Pruitt wants Terry for his defense. Some talk about using Godwin both ways, here is hoping that we don't travel down that road again, watched too much of that in the last few years.

Below is a link showing Justin Young and his talent. This young man might add another 20 pounds, but Pruitt does not want him at a "grantham" playing weight. Pruitt is about quick defensive players. Young men that will drive 300 pound offensive linemen nuts. This is going to be a great year to watch true "transition" take place in Athens.

www.hudl.com/athlete/o/3059442/#highlights/119798375

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 week ago #59882 by fire_dawg
Replied by fire_dawg on topic New Georgia Defense
Really shaping up to be a fun ride! Liking the wind sprints lol maybe we won't keep getting burned this year. Also liking the simplicity of it unlike those of years past. Just hoping we can get HM replacement some reps this year so we won't have to break in another QB next season.

More
10 years 1 week ago #59884 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic New Georgia Defense
fire_dawg, good to see you back, know that you stay busy with work and addition to family.

Good point on getting the next quarterback ready. :)

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 week ago #59885 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic New Georgia Defense
Mentioned a couple of times that I am watching Louisville football sort itself out under the new coaches.

www.cardchronicle.com/2014/4/9/5599902/l...ons-transfer-georgia

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 week ago #59886 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Newca Georgia Defense
Can't wait too see what this group of defense coaches do with L.Carter and the rest coming in summer and fall.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 week ago #59888 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Newca Georgia Defense
DWS, head coach has mentioned that the incoming group will get a good look. Have a feeling that Lorenzo Carter was told he would play. If he has the talent at the college level, why not.

Appears to me DWS that Richt has taken a page out of Pruitt's playbook, meaning a different approach to the way things have been done in the past. Good for all involved. Team and fans as well.

You should be getting some time on your bike these days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds