Forum

Thinking Openly . . . .

5 years 2 months ago #79651 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Thinking Openly . . . .
Thanks for starting this thread.. again gives the opportunity for

Meaningful conversation about our football program...

I fully expect HC is doing some deep thinking about pending

changes forthcoming to the process... again pleased with the

Young pups committed to play in Athens....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 2 months ago #79658 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Thinking Openly . . . .
Probably the biggest problem with Chaney moving to Tennessee is . . . . Once again listening to some or many in their fan base becoming all that again. Vols have been down for some time and most of their problems if not "all" were created in Knoxville. One big happy family again. Personally don't have a problem with Chaney moving on, hell money has a way of changing a persons mind.

Reading a lot of Tennessee sites since the "changing of the guard", Coach Chaney will make Tennessee whole again. Guess the Georgia program will fall to lower depths with the change. Interesting how movement such as this end up with different "facts?" being presented in the media.

One blog that I read had a reader/poster saying . . . . Georgia ran the ball almost 70% of the time, thought to myself, seems to me that in certain high profile games Georgia ran the ball a lot more than that. Texas for example committed to extra men in the box throughout the Sugar Bowl Game. One would think that Texas had watched a lot of film and the die was cast.

Might be that will change in the Classic City with a different offensive coordinator. Who knows, might end up spinning a few balls in the direction of our tight ends. If so, would be the first time in a long time that actually happened. Luke Ford I feel was sincere about leaving Georgia and returning to Illinois to play football so his family could watch him play. Saying that, have to believe that Ford was "somewhat" aware of a pending change at Georgia, Coach Chaney being the tight end coach at that point. Sometimes the "little things" carry the message clearly. Also believe the earlier change in 2018 coaching staff made at tight end and quarterback was a beginning to the final decision made by Coach Smart.

Wish Coach Chaney well, have one request . . . . continue your "pattern of play calling" at Tennessee. Will be interesting to see who takes over as offensive coordinator in Athens, one thing for sure, lack of player talent will not be an issue.

Go Dawgs, coach'em up!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, dawgs_fans_dad

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 2 months ago #79659 by Buc
Good morning dawgs_fans_dad . . . . thoughts?

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 2 months ago #79661 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Thinking Openly . . . .
I'm interested in who replaces him. I thought the observation that he looked good when the 'dawgs could "out-athlete" the other guy was spot on. I thought Fields should have been either used more or only in mop up situations. The "half-in/half-out" didn't serve anybody well. Also, we get top-rated tight ends, USE THEM!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 2 months ago #79664 by Buc
Personal feeling is that Coach Coley will be named offensive coordinator . . . . with a raise in pay. Hard for me to believe that Coach Coley would have turned Jimbo Fisher down (and the $$) to remain in Athens. If James Coley takes on the job, football will be in the air more. I also understand that Coach Smart believes in run first . . . . With Coley at the helm, might be that Smart gives his complete attention to the defensive side of the ball and recruiting. Not being ugly, just know what I have seen thus far. Coley is a serious problem for other schools and recruiters in the State of Florida. Along with that, Coach Cortez Hankton, receiver coach "is" making a huge difference in the passing game, 2019 is going to be a big year with Coach Hankton. Lots of receiver development going on in Athens.

See where some are throwing out the name Mike Bobo. Hiring friends is often like entering business with a "family partner" . . . . not a successful choice very often as far as I am concerned.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #79666 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Thinking Openly . . . .
Good read Buc..

Don’t see Chaney making any wholesale changes as to how

he calls a game..

Agree that Coley is best choice for OC .... he is in sync with HC

DC ....see one of our LB coaches filling that slot again keeping staff

who have Kirby experience a huge plus... year two with Coach Hankton will bring many smiles to our passing game..

Me thinks Robinson will make the necessary improvements in the

Off season to become a SEC receiver...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds