Forum

Thinking Openly . . . .

5 years 2 months ago #79680 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Thinking Openly . . . .

Buc wrote: My suggestion . . . .

Coach on the same or higher level than Alabama/Clemson.

That is the beauty of simplistic wisdom. Truer words have rarely been spoken.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #79681 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Thinking Openly . . . .
Coaching Energy ...

Kirby and Crean.....have it..

Richt and Fox .....didn’t ...

Chaney .....stale bread...... declining energy....

Again believe....coaching is where the next growth in the process

Occurs..... HC is keenly aware of this.... a very good thing..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #79682 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Thinking Openly . . . .
Opinions from Murf . . . .

Some thoughts I have . . . .

IF, if Coach Coley is recognized as our offensive coordinator, little doubt that there will be some changes in player position play, and offensive schemes that differ from Coach Chaney's system. Good or bad . . . . to be determined.

Do not believe that James Coley will go "spread, goofy, crazy". Coley does recognize the "value" of movement by the quarterback. That does not mean Tebow or several Oklahoma quarterbacks type movement. Anyone see Jake Fromm's video where the question was asked what he was going to work on more in the offseason? Jake said running more. To me that means breaking away from the "standard pro style method as a whole" . . . . basically sitting in the pocket. As good as our offensive line is and will continue to get better, they will not always be able to keep the defense from reaching the standard passing position a pro style quarterback takes. Add this to that . . . . firm believer that our offense for too long has devoted too much of the game plan to run, run and run. Texas game for example, tight ends could have had a field day if our game planning had actually opened with tight end play or . . . . second half changes made prior to returning to the field. My opinion.

Dwan Mathis, reminds me of Lamar Jackson, quarterback of the Baltimore Ravens . . . . how has that worked out, pretty well so far I think. With Fields leaving, Mathis arriving in Athens, believe we will be fine. Quarterback with legs means tight ends and wide receivers get open more often.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl, dawgs_fans_dad

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 2 months ago #79683 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Thinking Openly . . . .
Oh my....reported that we have made an offer to Kentucky’s OC

to come to UGA.... for 1.1 million per year.... thoughts??

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #79684 by Buc
Will be interesting to see how this works out. Might be that Coach Coley does not entertain being offensive coordinator. If so . . . . would without a doubt agree with Barrett Sallee's opinion . . . . if anyone buys that, have some land for sale. If Coley should be disgruntled and leave, would not be the first time this has happened.

Barrett Sallee, a college football analyst with CBS Sports, recently gave Gran a lot of praise. “The way he coaches to his offensive talent makes him one of the top five offensive coordinators in the country right now,” Sallee said, per Kentucky.com’s John Clay.

Makes him one of the top five offensive coordinators in the country?? Based on what . . . . Kentucky running back Benny Snell Jr.? Guess that makes Coach Chaney also in the top five, maybe #1 in the country because he was the OC when Chubb and Michel and others were here.

Will say this . . . . Coach Coley might be too strong willed to be Kirby's OC. Some head coaches prefer folks that stay on the agree side of the leader, don't want leaders, want followers. Seems there were problems between Coley and Chaney. Kirby handed out "business cards" to both men that read offensive coordinator. Might this play out that Coach Kirby Smart is one hell of a recruiter/defensive coach and past that makes poor offensive decisions, like for example fourth down calls that prove to be critical. Just saying folks, call it like I see it.

What now happens with Dell McGee? Lots going on in Athens.

www.dawgnation.com/football/report-uga-h...ffensive-coordinator
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 2 months ago #79685 by Buc
Georgia/Kentucky.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds