Forum

Thinking Openly . . . .

5 years 3 months ago #79686 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Thinking Openly . . . .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 3 months ago #79687 by Buc
Well, that didn't take long. Less than two hours after Kentucky Radio's Matt Jones reported that Wildcat offensive coordinator Eddie Gran had been offered $1.1 million per year to take the same role in Athens, the veteran coach took to Twitter with a message that indicates that he won't be going anywhere.

Above copied from article on 24/7.

Who puts out the numbers $1.1 million for all to see? This day and age seems to be the norm . . . . loose lips sink ships. Phone ringing . . . . Jimbo Fisher calling . . . . ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 3 months ago #79690 by Buc

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 3 months ago #79693 by Buc
Seems after the fact(s) some have answers to what, when and why . . . . Original presentation was definitely a "click" type article.

Did not make "coaching selection" a hit with me and some I know.

forum.dawgnation.com/discussion/11479/ab...at-eddie-gran-report

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 3 months ago #79694 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Thinking Openly . . . .
As Murf stated in the video that Buc posted, physicality is the great equalizer.

Absolutely, but when the other team can match your physicality then you have to take coaching to another level and that is where I feel Chaney failed.

Pulled this yesterday from an article talking about coaches from all over the nation watching the NC game:
"At last year’s AFCA, a group of coaches boldly predicted early in the third quarter that Alabama would come back to win, based solely on Georgia’s “tight” play calling."

Source: www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/1...on-coaches-film-room

So I may not worry quite as much about Chaney leaving as Murf

Thoughts on Gran..

Why in the world would we want to hire the architect of the 109th ranked offense in terms of yards per game and 89th ranked in terms of scoring as our OC? I think I will choose to believe if we offered anything, it was a job as a position coach.

I don't know everything, but I am not sure offering Gran the OC job here makes logical sense.. and it certainly doesn't make sense he would have turned it down if offered.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds