Forum

Thinking Openly . . . .

5 years 3 months ago #79667 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Thinking Openly . . . .
Lifted this from another site. Put some emphasis on one particular statement I agree with whole heartedly.

Dawg1
January 9, 2019 at 7:35 AM

Or every short yardage play trotting Brian Herrin on to the field.

He made several of those, but not using Holyfield is mLpractice.

And do we really forget using Chubb to “block” on 4th and one for 165lb soaking wet Isiah Mckenzie?

Chaney was a good choice, middling offenses other than at Purdue, who ramped up his numbers with superior talent.
Jeez, 5 stars, Chubb, Michel, Fromm, Godwin, Nauta, Robertson, Hardman, Swift, Salyer, Hill, Mayes, Wilson, Cleveland, etc. and 37 pts p game is all he can muster?

You could do that spinning a play call wheel with this offense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 3 months ago #79668 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Thinking Openly . . . .
What you said Buc.....

Striking when it is laid out in detail......

If Kirby’s plan was to look beyond Coley ..then why make such

An effort to keep him in Athens.... not Kirby’s style to build roadblocks.....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #79669 by Buc
Talk that makes zero sense to me is Coach Pittman considering Tennessee. Will Friend is the offensive line coach under Pruitt and that will not change. Jeremy Pruitt has last say on the Vols hiring, not PP . . . . bet that.

Another coach that is heavy on my mind at this point is Coach Dell McGee. Also bet this, offers will fill a tobacco barn with offers wanting Coach McGee.

Really glad at this point we do not have any outside interference from Greg McGarity. If Mark Richt were still here, McGarity's name would be on every media outlet space available. Keep goofy away from football matters, progress is finally being made. Personally believe that Coach Smart is now getting his staff close to where he wants it. Say again, Kirby leave the offensive play calling alone. Hear the play call and agree or disagree, that should suffice.

Edit . . . . I need to add this . . . . sadlerdawg and wartdawg were the two members that were the lead in wanting a change at offensive coordinator. All I did was bring the subject up.

:)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 3 months ago #79670 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Thinking Openly . . . .
My interview with Coley would go like this:

"Did you suggest Chubb block for the 165lb Isiah McKenzie on that short yardage play? ... no? Okay... you're hired."

In all seriousness, I never take continuity lightly and considered it when I first began talking about being able to do better than Chaney. I was always of the school of thought that was noted earlier about being able to do what we have done on offense with our talent by spinning a wheel to call plays.

I don't know other names that might be considered but because continuity does matter; I would be happy with a Coley promotion to OC. I don't think a choice like that would be lulled into laziness because of our talent level overcoming mediocre play calling.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 3 months ago #79671 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Thinking Openly . . . .

Buc wrote: Edit . . . . I need to add this . . . . sadlerdawg and wartdawg were the two members that were the lead in wanting a change at offensive coordinator. All I did was bring the subject up.

We're all in this together, Buc....regardless of who brought it up, I'm just glad it's happened!!

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 3 months ago #79672 by Buc
Words matter. ^ ^ ^ ^

On the subject of coaches moving around . . . . Thomas Brown was hired by Richt to have the business card title of offensive coordinator at Miami. When Richt took the job in Miami, said up front that he would call the plays. Was actually sorry to see Thomas Brown leave Athens, have great respect for his connection to UGA. Muschamp has hired Thomas Brown and that is definitely a positive for Carolina. Thomas Brown will do well with Muschamp. East continues to get stronger.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds