Forum

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME DAY: ALABAMA VS UGA

6 years 3 months ago #78175 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME DAY: ALABAMA VS UGA
The wait is over.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl, sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #78176 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME DAY: ALABAMA VS UGA
I was a freshman in 1980. I remember, vividly, coming home from a date on September 6, 1980, having not even bothered to listen to the Tennessee game, because I just figured we had no chance. We were coming off of a year in which we went 6-5, having lost to Wake Forest, Clemson, South Carolina, Virginia (the "Meatballs") and Abuurn.

At that time, Herschel was also a freshman, and back then nobody but the recruiters themselves had any inkling of the kind of talent a new kid had coming in. He was just another freshman to me . . . until I got home from that date. My dad was waiting up. He told me what had happened in Knoxville. I remember him saying, "I tell you, I think we got us a GOOD one". We sure did.

We came SO close in the following two years. I will forever HATE Dan Marino and Todd Blackledge. I HATE them. Beating Baker Mayfield helped make up for a LITTLE of that hatred.

I have always had a tough time watching our games on television. To me, our team never looks like other teams. Our defense always looks like we don't have enough men on the field. Our offense does too. Another thing is that television is usually about 1 or two plays behind, so I usually turn to Scott Howard.

I look forward to the Dawgs winning this one. Then I can get back to my job and being effective at it. For the last two months, I've certainly been distracted.

C'mon, DAWGS . . . Hunker down ONE MORE TIME!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl, sflanagan21

More
6 years 3 months ago #78177 by growl
Thriller, you said a mouthful, couldnt have found better words to express myself on the last year really, but more anticipatory the last couple of months. Well said my friend, well said!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc, yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 3 months ago #78178 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME DAY: ALABAMA VS UGA
Well said Thriller. I'm barely getting any work done today. I'm trying to focus but this is impossible. I should've taken today & tomorrow off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc, yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

More
6 years 3 months ago #78179 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME DAY: ALABAMA VS UGA
#keepchopping

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc, yankeedawg1, growl, sflanagan21

More
6 years 3 months ago #78180 by growl
Thinking that today is the day for the sun to shine on our DAWGS!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, sflanagan21

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds