Forum

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME DAY: ALABAMA VS UGA

6 years 3 months ago #78217 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME DAY: ALABAMA VS UGA
I would have just as soon wanted to see us lose 27 to 17 in regulation. At least then I could say well we just want quite ready yet.

That was our game and we just blew it.

We have too many people to replace to just think we’re going to waltz backend of the NC game next year.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #78218 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME DAY: ALABAMA VS UGA
One thing I hate saying is that a game that the team I was cheering for lost was a great/classic game, but it was. Credit where credit is due, not many coaches would yank a QB who is 25-2 for a true freshman who hadn't taken a meaningful snap, but Saban did and it worked.,

I'm just a tourist on this bandwagon, but I thought I was going to cry when #6 caught that pass. I thought that the win at ND was a bigger deal than many others, and it just kept getting better from that point. Also, looking forward to year #3. Hope that JAX is as fun next year as it was this year.

This was an easy team to like. Lots and lots of dgds.

Still hard to take, but I still haven't gotten over Indiana losing to Kentucky in the 1975 basketball tournament sooo.... :ohmy:

My son is crushed, but also looking forward to next year.

I'll be lurking.

Go 'dawgs
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
6 years 3 months ago #78219 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME DAY: ALABAMA VS UGA

Wartdawg wrote:
We have too many people to replace to just think we’re going to waltz backend of the NC game next year.

That's what hurts. It's so hard to get there even in the best of circumstances. Like what they are building, though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
6 years 3 months ago #78220 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME DAY: ALABAMA VS UGA
I do too and do not mean to disparage where they are or what they do, but damnit.. they had it won. That was their game.... and yes they had some help along the way from a sorry officiating crew, but they blew it. We blew it.

PI on a 3rd down stop... a return to Abuurn game play calling for 3 second half drives... and a friggen safety who just absolutely forgot what he was supposed to be doing on a defensive call where what he is supposed to do is pretty GD well known.

The “pissed” has set in.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

More
6 years 3 months ago #78221 by TadDawg

Wartdawg wrote: That was our game and we just blew it.

My exact same thoughts Wartdawg. This was a rare opportunity and we blew it. We had it won and we gave it away. It is very unlikely we will be in the NC game again next year. Too many star players to replace. Plus there are the intangibles that help you get there. Things like schedule, lack of injuries, or which team you play in the SECCG. Knowing this makes the loss much harder. However, I try not to put too much blame on the players. They’re just kids. The coaches on the other handset not. Most of you (probably all of you) know more about football than I do, but in my opinion we were out coached. Particularly on offense. Even I, with my limited knowledge of football, can see the stupidity of trying to run the ball up the middle in the second half, over and over. Particularly when the passing game was working reasonably well in the first half.

Still, despite being out coached, it was a remarkable season. Much better than I thought it would be. I am very glad we have Smart and I think he will get better. I don’t know about Chaney though. He such a dichotomy. Sometimes he comes up with absolutely brilliant plays, while other times he seems like he’s just phoning it in. Hopefully Kirby sees this and takes some action. I don’t expect Chaney to be fired, but sometimes the coaches need some coaching too.

Tad

More
6 years 3 months ago #78222 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME DAY: ALABAMA VS UGA
I share the sentiments here, although I'm not going to allow myself to hang the score on lousy officiating. We got beaten, and I suppose that that a loss is a little easier to stomach when you know your guys played their hearts out.

It still stings, though, but my take away from this season is that the program is ahead of schedule. We weren't meant to be in this game. Sure, it was going to be a good season, but we've had plenty of good seasons.

Kirby said it best after the game when he talked about what this meant for the program. "Georgia isn't going anywhere" he said, meaning that he believes the program will be at this level for years to come. If the HC feels that way, I have to feel that were going to have more seasons at the top.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds