Forum

From Athens- Bowl Game Day Thursday

7 years 3 months ago #76001 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Bowl Game Day Thursday
Wartdawg, there will be some changes in 2017. Remains that Smart will not be released. Mentioned in this thread earlier that I fully expect some coaching changes.

Will say this, there are some problems apparently between coaches and players. While Smart is the head coach, there are several coaches on the defensive side that work for more than minimum wage. Yes, understand before it will be said that the head coach is the head coach. Do I think that Kirby will have a problem changing the way the 2016 coaches coached? Appears to me that "includes himself" as well.

This is my take now. There was a quick shift from Alabama to Georgia for Kirby. Might be that some who were hired or those that were on the staff remained are not the total answer that will come about. I am not so blind sided to think that "anyone" can say with total clarity that Kirby Smart cannot change the fortunes of UGA Football.

First year, UGA had eight wins. Couple of close calls and the oft mentioned, unexcusable losses. Takes me back to some of the names mentioned previously to take over from Mark Richt. In my personal vault it is interesting to reflect on some of those suggestions.

Not for a minute do I think you are anti Kirby Smart, if you were you would post that without hesitation. I believe that to be your DNA.

Have said and read on this board that there seemed to be an under current with UGA players. Some left, others remained but did not play up to their skill level, or the level of play expected from them. 2017 will give "me" a much better picture of where this group of coaches are. Lane Kiffin has already hired one of the folks associated with the UGA Football program. Will not be the last departure from the staff. Bet that.

Yes, in my opinion Kirby Smart needs to stop some of the antics he displays on the sideline. That is pretty much a uniform comment from those that I chat with outside of this board. Threw his visor in the TCU game, brought me out of my seat, first time that I have chastised Kirby Smart the way I did then. Having to have a coach hold his belt to keep him off of the field, silly. At some point that running on the field will cost us greatly. Somewhere between Mark Richt sleeping on the field and Kirby Smart running around like a chicken with its head chopped off is where I would like to see Kirby Smart land.

Patterson, TCU Head Coach, losing season . . . . reminds me of earlier years under our previous head coach. Right about then the wheels started to come off, big time. I am one of those that believes LSU made the right coaching hire in Ed Orgeron. Great recruiter and team building starts with great recruits . . . . Nick Saban has proven that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #76002 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Bowl Game Day Thursday
Buc... I've not thrown in any towel on Kirby. I've said what I've said about some things he failed at this year and I absolutely meant them, but he has room to grow.

Chaney however... he's way too experienced to need growing. Dawg Doc talked about Chaney not liking the pistol formation despite it seeming that Eason did his best out of it yesterday. Square peg/round hole and Chaney's strength was supposed to be his adaptability and versatility. A spread guy who became a drop back guy and blah blah. I will not rehash everything I pointed out about him this year. It's all out there and it's not been refuted. The sight of him laughing on the sideline as we were losing to Vandy is burned into my soul.

I apologize for the vitriol, but this man does not take losing to Ga Tech very well. That pushed me over the edge... LAST TWO HOME GAMES WE'VE LOST TO TECH.

That... what happened with Nichols lest we forget how close we game to being whipped by what amounts to a 1AA program...

NOT ACCEPTABLE with any coach with the talent that sat on our sideline.

The end of my commens on this subject

---/-

DawgDoc... hang in there with me. Hope springs eternal and we have a lot of talent for 2017 and 2018. I want you to see that championship or at the least a return to status as a top tier program.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #76003 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Bowl Game Day Thursday
Good to hear from you DawgDoc.

Happy New Year Dawg fans and board members!

For 2016 I give the Dawgs a nod of approval for improving the direction of the program. But I temper that with my disappointment of losing several important games. Those will be 'must wins' next year.

My wish for the Dawgs in 2017... Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds