Forum

From Athens- Bowl Game Day Thursday

7 years 4 months ago #75983 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Bowl Game Day Thursday
Win is a win..... this team needed to go into the off season with a win....

IMHO..... we saw ugly repeated..... however we saw our QB running for two much needed first downs

Agee QB looks better in the gun than under center..... OL showed up in second half.....

CKS..... changes after NSD..... now is not the time to rock the coaching boat...

Process...people.... CKS.... does not have the polish of a HC.....yet.....

We didn't get to the NC game with a coach with 15 years experience..... the "U". Didn't either....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 4 months ago #75984 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Bowl Game Day Thursday
Offensive line did show up in the second half yankeedawg1.

Little upset about not being able to get set defensively.

Head Coach Gary Patterson coaching a team that finished 6-7 for the season . . . .

Remember when the talk was hot and heavy on this board about a replacement for Richt, Patterson's name was often mentioned. Knocking down $4.7 million a year at TCU, happens to the best I suppose.

Going to be interesting watching the quarterback position in 2017. There will definitely be competition and maybe some questions to be answered at some point. Strong arm one thing, touch another.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 4 months ago #75985 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Bowl Game Day Thursday

ogredawg wrote: Convinced now that Eason should take the majority of the snaps from the shotgun. That last drive should have finally proven to Chaney and Kirby that you CAN RUN from the shotgun

We are going to be a very good defensive team next year. 78, 3, and 6 are going to dominate next year.

Well that's the thing that soured me on Chaney. His play calling is horrendous, but what bothered me even more was inability to tailor the offense to the talent we had. He was square pegging into a round hole.

Yes yes I do know about Eason being a freshman, but to me I didn't see nearly the development from seasons beginning to seasons end that we should have seen.

Today... after all that prep... same old same old just like we saw all season. Thank God our line just had the the size to wear TCU down... we damn sure didn't outcoach or outsmart anyone.

Coaching in general... I just shook me head.

Dead ball penalties on offense... way too many.

Defense has wads of talent but repeatedly couldn't get lined up. We should have had at least 3 too many men on the field calls that were just ignored. Kirby running up and down the sidelines like a chicken with its head cut off.

Sorry men... but this coaching staff has a lot of growing to do.... A LOT.

At this point in his career... I'm not sure buffet boy Chaney has any growth left except in his waistline.

I pray Kirby does.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc, Buc

More
7 years 4 months ago #75986 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic From Athens- Bowl Game Day Thursday
As someone who has been on and off this board for a few years, many of you know me. You know where I stand. Many like Buc may remember I called for us to consider Hermann too. That said, I am shocked at some on this board. We on this board are so much more sophisticated and thoughtful than those who post away dumb things on the pay sites. Let me explain what I mean.

1. Was NS a bad coach in year 1 at Bama when he went 6-6 and lost to La Monroe???? I submit NO.
2. Chaney called many of the same plays in the 2nd half as he did in the 1st. The only difference: the OL blocked better in the 2nd half. Chaney may need to go, but dangit, give the man a chance to get in the bulldozers up front. Did anyone here see the first half? All those runs up the middle stunk because we couldn't move 275 pound linemen. They moved them in the 2nd half when they got tired. When you start an OT from Rhode island, you are NOT A VERY GOOD OL. You have kids used to lateral blocking who weigh about 290 each being asked to vertical block. Give it 2 years.
3. Remember, there are probably 15 or so kids on this team who just don't like KS's style. Give the man a chance to get his kids in here. Happens everytime a new coach comes in.
4. There will NOT be a QB contest next year. Yes, being from Washington is not the same as being from Ga, but that was what this year was for. He now knows the terminology, and the game will be a little slower for him next year. UGA has been littered with four star QB's who never did anything, and Fromm will not come in as a true frosh and beat out a QB who will be 1 1/2 years on campus, 15 pounds stronger, and much more comfortable with his OL, WR's and coaches. Fromm would have the same problems his first year. Rip the kid all you want, but the two comebacks against MZ and UT and his play today getting those two huge runs shows me all I need to know. GUTS. Ben Rothlisberger is what you are watching out there.
5. KS will not be over his head even if he turns out to not be the smartest (see the pun?) knife in the drawer. If he gets 2-3 years of top 5 classes here (CMR never did that), and keeps doubling the 4 star players over UF and UT, he will dominate the East just on talent.
6. Like someone posted above, this defense will be nasty next year. It will allow about 14 ppg. With our bigger Ol and mature RB's, we will win many more games next year.

If this time next year we are 8-5, yes, I will jump on the bandwagon with those here who want everyone fired. But good grief, we went on a 24-7 run to end it. That is good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #75987 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Bowl Game Day Thursday
Kirby Smart is going nowhere.

Smart in his recruiting efforts of Fromm said this to the young man . . . . All positions are open. Do I believe that? Yes, the only hitch is he also tells the recruits they have to win the job.

Fromm's high school coach and some that surround him have said he is a coach on the field. That is good. Many times being able to "read" is just as important as having a golden arm.

Quite frankly, I hope Jacob Eason comes out super strong with his reads in 2017, especially after having a lot of time in Athens.

Competition is what will move our program forward, that comes with depth. The missing link in UGA Football for at least 15 years.

Looking forward to Alabama/Washington tomorrow. Coach Pruitt inserted into Coach Smart's vacated position, lots of ways to view the results. This I know, Jeremy Pruitt was a driving force in UGA Football, left a solid footprint. Many of those on our team did not want to see Pruitt leave if that is what you are referring to BulldogShannon, if it was because Richt left, not much needs to be said other than the was a "good man". Actually coaching in Coral Gables, not sitting on his butt collecting millions as he did for many years in Athens.

Enjoyed reading your post BulldogShannon, lots of "DEPTH". ;)

And this . . . . Hope FSU kicks the "spit" out of Michigan tonight. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
7 years 4 months ago #75988 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic From Athens- Bowl Game Day Thursday
A tale of two halves. Not sure of the effort the line gave in the first half maybe all the talk of the undersized d line the media feed them for three weeks. But somebody sure got their attention at halftime. Novel thing making adjustments at halftime isn't it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds