Forum

MONDAY MORNING before Game 8

7 years 5 months ago #75451 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
LimeyDawg posted a Thank You for more reasons than one . . . . You have always been straight up with your comments.

Where the heck does it say that all or some of us have to agree or disagree? Do not believe stevedawg has ever inserted that into the board rules.

Cannot speak to any posts other than mine. I respect you and your thoughts, not the first time or more than likely the last that I will be on board with you.

Believe this comment to be factual . . . . You were in Athens if memory serves me correctly in the early 1980's, working as a student and a "bouncer". Sometimes my "vault" loses its "combination" and kicks my butt, believe that is close. Correct me if "you choose".

Allow me this . . . . I want our team to move away from our past. . . . Past meaning nothing more than the "stuff" since Herschel Walker. I still have marks on my heart about VD and the handling of the person that I believed to be the rightful coach to lead the Red and Black into the future. Too bad that did not happen. Have said this more than once, guess it comes down to one phrase that has "lived on" . . . . GATA.

Erk was one of, if not the best college football coach that was denied by a higher up that did not recognize or . . . . refused to give a helping hand. Many of the "older folks" (me) never forgave VD for this reason . . . . Erk had a serious "foothold" and it was based on "accomplishments".

Do not know, but I have to say this . . . ."Why Not Us"? Along with that this should be said . . . . Repeating what LimeyDawg said, "I think" . . . . A world of talent, a great fan base, huge media site. What is the draw back? Many or maybe some have said on occasion . . . . The metro area is a great area for coaches to recruit for this reason . . . . a "transient area" that young men do not classify as "HOME".

This is one of my "strong beliefs" . . . . High school coaching is as good as it gets when recruiting. Have more than one high school coach, not just a head coach that say the same things . . . . Breaking down the talent, the young men all over the State of Georgia do not take a backseat to any State in the Union. Can name a coach or two or three or many that have the talent to move up.

Realize that I am "chirping" too much, but . . . . tomorrow I will watch the game in JAX and like most of the members on Dawgs.com, will be much like bpatters69, looking for and "believing".

bpatters69, during the game tomorrow, will remember what you had to say about this week about the Red and Black.

Go Dawgs . . . . Might be more than some think . . . . :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #75452 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
Lot of sarcasm here regarding the opinion that Chaney isn't doing a good job.

Funny it's coming from the same guy that was defending Mark Richt long after most everyone had already abandoned that ship.

It wasn't until it was blatantly obvious to everyone that Richt was gone that some other folk decided it was time for him to go. A lot of wasted talent and teams between the time a lot of us woke up and the time some finally came around. Every one was wrong about the former coach until the late-comers decided it was time and when that happened, "then" it was the right move.

I see the same scenario here with the support of Chaney. I hope I'm wrong the same way I hoped I was wrong about Richt because what I want is for UGA to win and having to change OC'snis a setback. It's even worse however to not make a move when a move is necessary.

Again though... I sincerely hope I'm wrong about the guy, or at least that we recruit such great talent that we can overcome average to middling coaching, if that is the case as I believe it is.

I am not infallible and I don't have the hubris in me to claim to be, but I have an opinion about Chaney and I'm willing to put it out there.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
7 years 5 months ago #75453 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
Absolutely, still think it would have been wrong to fire Richt after the 08 season. Dang near won a NC in 2012. Following year I could have seen it go either way. Would have been fine what decision was made.

You are ready to fire an OC who is working with a freshman QB, terribly inconsistent o-line and a bottom of the league wr group. I just don't get that. And plays have been there. Execution has not.

As I said earlier, if my kids arent learning in school, my first move isn't to get the teacher fired.

GO DAWGS

More
7 years 5 months ago #75455 by Wartdawg
It might not be the first move, but in the end that doesn't mean its not the right move.

I know what the team has faced... freshman QB,
bad line (we face that one practically every year.. we should be used to it by now).

Anyway.... I hope I am wrong because its another setback for the program if I'm right.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
7 years 5 months ago #75508 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
What's interesting about this line of thinking is that one point benefits from hindsight, and one hinges on hope. I defended Richt for what I believe were sound reasons until I had to give up. I make no excuses and I damned sure don't need to qualify it for anybody here. Have your opinion. Have your point of view. Who cares? Richt is gone, but he had a damned good run. Probably stayed a few years too long, but this is the game.

Now we have Smart who doesn't appear to have the ability to coach a tennis ball from a golden retriever's mouth. That's my position here. Has nothing to do with my position on Mark Richt, nor does my position strengthen, demean or otherwise impact anybody else's opinions on either of these coaches.

I hate to explain this to some here, and Steve didn't provide the site with the "Crayon" font, so I'll do the best I can to be clear so everybody has a reasonable chance to understand properly. NOBODY here wants anything other than the best for this team. But this position is like climbing a mountain:There are many paths to the summit. Want to question MY particular path? Fine, but talk about the path and use reason and critical thinking skills.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
7 years 5 months ago #75513 by Wartdawg
I'm not sure who you are talking to, but I don't need a crayon font and have used critical analysis in everything I've said.

What I have heard from you is that we're UGA and because we're UGA, we should never have a first time HC.

Clemson and Dabo Swinney and FSU and Jimbo Fisher would probably disagree. Pretty sure Richt was a first time HC as well. Sorry, but I just don't understand this line of thinking that UGA is such a power that we should never have a first time HC at our helm.

Now I agree that Kirby has made a big mistake with the hiring of Jim Chaney, but I don't think its time to cut bait with the entire staff. KS has already proven to be a top recruiter. I'm going to give him a fair amount of time to fill the holes he told us he recognized on day 1 on the job and to hopefully recognize his mistake with Chaney.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds