Forum

MONDAY MORNING before Game 8

7 years 5 months ago #75437 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8

AllDawgs5 wrote:
GO DAWGS - Still wanting to know who others would have hired because sure seem Kirby was not the answer for a lot of folks.

Here's the issue for me. Kirby may very well be a great coach, but not now, not this year and probably not in the next few years. He went from DC to HC at a major program without any bridge training. He should have spent a few years somewhere else, ironing out the kinks in his management style before coming to Georgia. My fear is that he's in over his head. Everyone here knows we have a short fuse for ineptitude. He'll get run off into a smaller program where he'll likely do well. We've put the cart before the horse on Kirby, and we're back to the same old same old. Four million dollars should get us a shot at a championship, not a four/five win season.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #75439 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
I understand that argument, but still not answering my question really? Looking over possible candiates, trying to figure out who exactly we should have went with? Or do you feel we should have kept CMR. Just trying to figure out what your play would have been.

I wanted Kirby still do. I look at which team has been the most dominant in the last decade. Why? IMO they have better athletes than you do, and they play solid defense. Believe that is what we are trying to build. Believe the X's and O's are a little to over. Betting there aren't many coaches that are surprised with what bama does to them offensively as far a play calling goes. Somehow they still get dominated. Why??? Saw a stat that said they have over 25, 5 star players that don't even start for them. Throw in the ones that are starting, and its easy to see why they win.

Could we have hired a better recruiter than Kirby Smart?

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
7 years 5 months ago #75440 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
Coach Smart is doing something now that should have been done many years ago.

Check the recruits that are being rated by the "media" that has Georgia currently in the top five.

One thing that Head Coach Kirby Smart knows from being around the most successful college program in the past x number of years is this . . . . build depth, build depth not using the shotgun approach. Know your "roster" build depth from there.

AllDawgs5 posted above . . . .

Could we have hired a better recruiter than Kirby Smart?

Coach Nick Saban did not think so.

For those that want to play the "I told you so game" . . . .

Going to say it before you do . . . . "I told you so".

Bet this . . . . If Head Coach Kirby Smart cannot get the job done, he will not leave Athens without a "Roster" full of talented players.

If you choose to say that the previous coach did that . . . . check what is going on in Miami. Miami had a lot of talent from the previous group of coaches.

Some said that the Houston head coach would be a good replacement . . . . Anyone watch the Houston/SMU game?

Solid job supposedly at Notre Dame, brought in a head coach with a lot of experience . . . . what?

Damn right, I have a couple of years to watch our program and "believe" it will improve over the past x number of years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, AllDawgs5, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 5 months ago #75441 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
Buc, this is what I have seen. I have seen a defense improve over this course of the year. I have seen a D-Line start to build some talented depth. We need a lot of talent on the back end, but believe we will see that talent start to pour in.

As far as the offense goes, when you can't run the football. You are not going to win championships in this league. End of story.

We have some talent, but we aren't anywhere near the top of this league when it comes to a talent prospective. Especially on the O-line.

As for the offense, I have seen numerous plays missed every game. That is not a play calling problem IMO. That is an execution problem. We have not made the game changing plays. Great teams do.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 5 months ago #75442 by growl
Replied by growl on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
AD5, think between you and Buc that all the points concerning this hire have been covered. I hardly believe that the miracle we wished for could have happened in this short amount of time, probably not next year either, and CKS has made his share of mistakes, but I feel he is the right man for the job and his learning curve is a lot smaller than most. I'm willing to get out of his way and give him and his staff what they need, my support.

GO DAWGS!!!!!Gata

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 5 months ago #75443 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
AllDawgs5, you said below, copied and posted in italics . . . .

On this board, especially Dawgs.com it has been said over and over . . . . Want to participate in the SEC, East or West . . . . better be able to run the football, better have a solid punter and kicker.

Seem to recall what the previous head coach said about Special Teams which included "kicking". Previous head coach said that he was going to "finally" get involved with the Special Team Groups. Willing to discuss that with anyone that dares to walk the gang plank.

As far as the offense goes, when you can't run the football. You are not going to win championships in this league. End of story.

I am beginning to believe that too many do not understand the "value" of winning football games in the SEC without an "offensive line". The AJC for years never mentioned offensive line, it was always about running backs.

Simple answer to that . . . .

Georgia, Red and Black, UGA, has how many creditable running backs? Could the same running backs in Athens run the football for Head Coach Nick Saban in Tuscaloosa with his offensive lines and make hay?

I have a problem when I read the many posts on all sites, and they often come up short when talking real football . . . . "Team".

See a spattering of offensive and defensive line talk in recent years, amazing how some finally understand, DEPTH at "all" positions. More than willing to discuss UGA football and DEPTH at "all" positions for any number of years prior to Head Coach Kirby Smart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds