Forum

MONDAY MORNING before Game 8

7 years 5 months ago #75430 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
Was going to get back into this, but won't. I do want to point out, that we have lined up in the spread quite a bit. Now, we are not always in the Gun in the spread formation, but Shotgun, and spread are 2 different things.

I must be watching a much different team play. I can't tell you how many quick/short passes I have seen, but there have been many. The easy completions as so many like to say. When WR's don't catch the football, no such thing as easy. Will also say I am not a big fan of screens to RB's with young QB's.

Could go on, but won't. Realize the obvious reason we are losing football games is because of Chaney. ;) That's what the media tell us.

Just say this, if we are in a situation where the game is on Eason's shoulders, I don't like our chances. Kid is going to be a great player. Not necessarily his fault. Point is this, what would Eason look like if he was throwing the football to Ole Miss type WR's?

GO DAWGS - As long as we don't crumble on special teams, should be a close game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #75431 by AllDawgs5
Limey, Who would you have hired as our HC?

More
7 years 5 months ago #75433 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
Just could not resist posting to LimeyDawg's post. It's the best post that I have read on CKS's use of the talent that on the Georgia rooster. I learned a long time ago you use the talent you have to the best of your advantage. CKS & his assistants have not done this. It's always wait till I get my players in camp & I'll show you. Learn to use what you have, talent is there, maybe not the size or depth you desire. but talent never the less. Use the shot gun if your young QB is not use to taking snaps under center, teach him to do so in the off season. He needs time to learn that art. just like a running back needs to learn the art of taking hand offs from the QB when he was use to being a single wing back. I promise not to post again until this stupid season is over.
As always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!! Go Yale!

Member since 1999
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, LimeyDawg, bulldawg36869

More
7 years 5 months ago #75434 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8

AllDawgs5 wrote: Limey, Who would you have hired as our HC?

This is not my call to make. I see where you're going but it's off base. I'm concerned by what I see being done with the talent in Athens. CMR hired Willie Martinez because they were friends. How did that work out for us? Same deal here, but go ahead, prove me wrong.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #75435 by AllDawgs5
DawgDoc, where do you think the most talent is on the offensive side of the ball?

We have a strong armed QB/ below average SEC Wr corp. We have arguably the best running back tandem in SEC arguably college. We have a very weak offensive line. My question is and I may be missing something, but is getting the ball to Chubb and Michel not using talent?

I also pose this, has the fact we don't line up in the Gun every snap been the reason WR have dropped some crucial balls? Flip side could be, the plays Jacob Eason has missed, mainly the vandy game, would that wide open play have been there without the play action fake? The safety for Vandy on the TD pass to Nauta who got caught peeping a little to long into the backfield. Would that play have been there without the play action fake?

I don't think it is the under center snaps that are making Eason look uncomfortable. I think its a lot more of a protection issue. I have seen Eason miss reads in the Gun and under center. I have seen him look uncomfortable in both.

Will say again, Eason is not the main problem. When you can't create space at all for back like Chubb and Michel, that's the problem.

GO DAWGS - Still wanting to know who others would have hired because sure seem Kirby was not the answer for a lot of folks.

More
7 years 5 months ago #75436 by AllDawgs5
Not trying to get anywhere. Truly asking the question. You stated UGA was not the place for a first year coach to cut his teeth. My question is simply who do you think we should have hired? Or a list of candiates you think would have been better than Kirby?

Not following and believe I am missing something on the comparison to hiring Kirby, and CMR hiring his friend Willie.

GO DAWGS

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds