Forum

MONDAY MORNING before Game 8

7 years 6 months ago #75408 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
gators 6.5 point favorite this time around.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75409 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
Your long time resident Gator is here. Some of you old timers may remember me?
Looking forward to this game being coached by two one-time partners. They should know each other's styles at least.

Before you all assume the Gator's defense is the best you will see this season, remember that more than likely 4 of our starters are out.
Cox, Ivie, Sherit and most importantly our beast leading tackler Davis. I'm surprised none of the talking heads on TV are mentioning this.
This changes a lot IMO. I'm expecting a very tough, 4 quarter game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
7 years 6 months ago #75410 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
Good to hear from you GatorinGA.

You guys may be down a few players but Kirby is still adjusting ours. It will be interesting. Good old college ball.

I expect tough 4 quarters too. And a W. :whistle:

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

7 years 6 months ago #75411 by Buc
GatorinGA, remember you well. Always good, strong conversation, believe it was 2006 . . . . think that is correct.

A lot of water over the bridge since then.

This game will not be for those that are "timid".
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
7 years 6 months ago #75412 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
Anyone heading down to Jax?

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75413 by Buc
gators are looking for "hurries" not really depending on "sacks".

If the gators can make Jacob Eason hurry his throws, plays directly into their game plan.

gators have defensive backs that thrive on "hurries". Feel sure I am not preaching to the choir. Hurries create turnovers. Sacks stop forward motion, still allows the offense to punt. Good football teams want the football.

Defensively the gators are going to do their best to shut down our run game, not telling anyone anything that is not known.

gators play a lot of man, why? Because they are very good behind the defensive line, and their defensive line is not something to be sneezed at.

This game as many other games will come down to "turnovers".

gators offensive line is not that good, will be interesting to see when and how certain calls are made for our defense. Believe we have a pretty good feel for what our offense can and cannot do. We have weapons, but we are still suffering from previous years of lacking recruiting "depth". Yes, offensive line "depth".

Understand that play calling is a point of contention. Should be. Why? Maybe as soon as the ball is snapped, our "rookie quarterback" has not played against competition such as he faces in the SEC. I sometimes think privately that a couple of long pass completions in our earlier games "might" have slowed the progression of Jacob Eason progressions. I still remember that Eason came from a lower level of high school football on Friday nights to Saturday afternoons in the SEC. Huge difference, especially when protection breaks down quickly.

Just thinking . . . .

Go Dawgs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds