Forum

MONDAY MORNING before Game 8

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #75444 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
Silence is "again golden".

Simple American Football Talk.

Loss to Vanderbilt is the rallying cry for a reason to dump our offensive coordinator.

Reading some of the posts on this board and others . . . . some do not understand the difference in offensive formations. One thing is known . . . . can't beat Vanderbilt, fire the entire staff.

Mason has done a heck of a job at Vandy.

Many in South Florida are ready to rid their Hurricanes of Mark Richt.

Auburn had Malzahn's head on the chopping block, now I read where Gus is loved again. Also read that some on this board believe that they know so much . . . . fire the offensive coordinator.

Why?

If you can answer the "Why"? Would love to hear your "experience" in the "coaching ranks".

See where the Carolina Panthers are having a rough go, everyone has a hard time with injuries . . . . Fire the coach, and the quarterback is lacking.

Atlanta Falcons . . . . know most on Dawgs.com are Falcons backers . . . . want to discuss the fortunes of the Falcons? Last year it was the same spit that I have read on this board in the 2016 Season.

Go Dawgs . . . . Do it your way Head Coach Kirby Smart.

EDIT: Am I wrong or did Penn State beat the "MIGHTY OHIO STATE"? Spit, fire urban meyer . . . . right? Same head coach at Penn State that coached at Vanderbilt.

EDIT: #2 . . . . THE OHIO STATE.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #75445 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
Remember Spurrier's jab when he said "We get great players, they get great players, but something happens to them at Georgia."?
There is no doubt that Kirby can recruit, but the question is: for how long? Can he coach? Can he develop those players into NFL caliber talent? I'm worried about what I see in the way we play. Maybe, maybe it's first year jitters. I certainly wasn't expecting a championship out of this team, but I also expected us to be competitive, moreso than we have been. Kirby is a great recruiter as long as those kids get developed. We'll see in a few years if that particular train is still on the tracks. We've got to start playing like a championship team, or the kids go elsewhere. It's always more fun to play for a winner.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, AllDawgs5, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 5 months ago #75446 by Buc
LimeyDawg not for a minute do I believe that Kirby will fail to produce. "If" he does, will do the same thing when posting as I did when Mark Richt was our head coach . . . . time to leave. Did that twice and sadlerdawg was all over my butt. sadlerdawg was right.

Truthfully, like the conversation(s) in this thread. If anyone on Dawgs.com goes elsewhere, not the same. Same meaning that too much "stuff" that does not relate to how folks on this board and other boards feel and are willing to discuss "rationally". No butt kissing on this board.

I am not throwing in the towel against the gators tomorrow. I do believe that there are some surprises . . . . for BOTH TEAMS in JAX.

Spurrier left Columbia with no DEPTH. I also believe that Muschamp will fix that . . . . USCe is a lot different than the gator program. Whether anyone wants to believe the East side of the SEC will or will not change, this old dawg is willing to wager and that is said meaning off of this board will do so.

Florida has an enormous amount of high school football talent and it is very important in my way of thinking to have someone like Kirby Smart recruiting the home state talent, hoping to keep them in the Peach State. Will not go into that issue based on past coaching recruiting. Will say this . . . . Kirby has spent many years watching a "higher level of talent" in Tuscaloosa, surely he "learned something". Is "something" ridding Georgia of its offensive coordinator . . . . can not answer that after 7 games or one season in Athens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #75448 by Buc
Many Georgia High School Players committing to UGA. This needs to continue. Never liked our talent crossing the Chattahoochee River to play for Alabama or Auburn. Might be that will change.

georgia.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Commits
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 5 months ago #75449 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
If Kirby can bring the in-state talent to Athens, great. Look, this was never meant to be "Kirby's Year." Expectations have to be realistic in the first year, so now I'm resigned to looking forward to next year or, more realistically, year three. I've always believed that schools should be forced to offer new head coaches a five-year contract. This way, they don't suffer for the crap they inherit. I don't believe that to be the case with Kirby. He inherited a pretty damned good stable of kids.

I guess it comes down to changed expectations. We want excellence. Excellence doesn't have bad seasons. Kids and coaches execute and win games. Bama has no problem with this. Why do we? When does next year get to be this year? When does play calling stop being predictable? When do kids start executing every play? This is excellence and, once again, we're far from it. I'm looking for a coach to turn this around. That's all.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #75450 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
This thread has had a lot of meat to chew on

Good stuff gents....

Again imho building a winning sports program or successful business.

Is a process...been stated here by several people..

More than likely will be referred to again.

Yes part of that process is firing people and hiring better

Qualified replacements... equally or more important is

Having patience to let the process show the desired

Improvements......fine line separates what choice to make

Unless 15 years pass...the last 10 feel like the movie Groundhogs Day...

Choice then becomes painfully apparent....

Just another thought about not having HC experience

Rather have a real Dawg with playing experience at Georgia and who has been mentored by NS...growing into
Being HC than going out and hiring a HC from another
Conference. Who is clueless about coaching in the SEC.

It's still going to take him time to find himself .....and how to coach in the SEC... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds