Forum

MONDAY MORNING before Game 8

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #75422 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
Listened to the opening portion of the podcast below. Having only listened to the first few minutes of the podcast, stopped . . . . have a couple of questions.

Podcast refers to some talking heads that "I" find myself often on the other side of the ledger. If you listen or have listened maybe you do or do not.

Jacob Eason entered the SEC Arena just a few games back. Straight out of a lower class of high school football. Based on where most or many of the SEC players come from. The same players that Ohio State and now Michigan want "badly". No mistaking where solid high school football is being played on Friday nights, has been that way for eons. Appears to me that the "carpet baggers" have returned.

Someone explain to me just how "great" our receiving corps was after the coaching change . . . .

Freshman quarterback that is being "forced" to put his hands under Kublanow's butt for the snap. Same quarterback that played not a down or damn few while in Washington high school football.

This "kid" came to UGA without a "clue". Going to say more, have a lot more to say.

I believe that Jacob Eason at this point needs to play out of the "shotgun", or what ever anyone wants to call it. He cannot take a snap and retreat and do his check downs. I will argue that point until the cows come home.

This is where I am at this point . . . .

Receivers are being led by two freshmen, along with a freshman quarterback.

Will not say too much about the offensive line in this post, might have a lot to say after JAX. Hoping I can be upbeat and speak about "improvement", needed improvement in "several areas".

At the point that I want to see improvement in different areas. Easy to jump all over the "Special Teams" . . . . goes much "deeper" than that.

Head Coach Kirby Smart told all of us . . . . "Up Front" . . . . there are some missing links. Returning home from a team that does not talk about anything other than "National Championships", Kirby is trying his best to let the "Bleeding Hearts" know what is needed to make that next step.

Go Dawgs,going back to listen to the podcast in its entirety.

www.dawgnation.com/football/dawgnation-d...ore-from-jacob-eason

EDIT: Meant to say this . . . . sflanagan21 said way back when what I said above.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #75423 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
I'm not sure if this is pro or con your point, but how many times does Eason have to hit receivers in the hands before they actually catch the ball. Seven games in, you'd think that they'd have this figured out. I don't know how much of a difference this would make at this point, but I'll be it's good for at least one or two more wins. If our receivers can't catch on Saturday, it's another loss...to the Gators...again...it's like Groundhog Day.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
7 years 5 months ago #75424 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
LimeyDawg, I suppose the point I am trying to make, and maybe not getting "my point" across having played and coached the game is simply this . . . .

We can have a thousand Jacob Eason's but that does not have anything to do with dropped balls.

I have kept a close pair of eyes on Stafford since he signed on with the Lions. Many years later, Matthew seems to have the "pro game" figured out.

Jacob Eason in my mind has to go through the "stuff" that is not learned in his first year. As far as I am concerned, the media can take the "stars" and shove them. My question to the media would simply be . . . . what is it that you know that we don't? You played the game or, as you did, attend Grady. That is not a shot at you, probably you could greatly improve on what I read from the COX Network(s). Been there, done that my friend.

Has to be someone's fault, eh . . . . What the heck, let's select Coach Chaney. On the other side of the ball . . . . take our choice.

Someone enlighten me on the fact that that the "basket" was left "full".

This old dawg chooses to hang around less than 15 years, probably 3 or 4 years and check the results.

Go Dawgs

More
7 years 5 months ago #75425 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8

Buc wrote:
Freshman quarterback that is being "forced" to put his hands under Kublanow's butt for the snap......
.... I believe that Jacob Eason at this point needs to play out of the "shotgun", or what ever anyone wants to call it. He cannot take a snap and retreat and do his check downs. I will argue that point until the cows come home.

Buc... my comments about our OC didn't come out of nowhere based on 1 play in that humiliating defeat to Vandy.

Yes... Eason needs all the help he can get with his lack of experience reading D's and going through progressions. Our OC hasn't done him any favors. No screens.. very few easy passes to get him in a rhythm.... and yes, not lining him up in the spread look or shotgun enough.

.... and its not like he doesn't know that look. Chaney hasn't utilized an exclusive under center drop back scheme.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bulldawg36869

More
7 years 5 months ago #75427 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
Hell, I wouldn't know a nickel from a dime package. All I know is what I see. Remember when Willie Martinez was our D coach? Remember the outrage that our defense couldn't wrap up defenders, even after several years of "coaching?" This is what I see happening here. Kids at this level ought to come with a certain skill set, which includes catching balls that hit you in the hands. I'll forgive the occasional drop or two, but this season has been rife with basic errors. This is the University of Georgia. I cannot help but wonder if these same kids would play here if they had played this way in high school? Something is amiss. Eason has not given me pause for concern because I expected a certain learning curve, but come on. His supporting cast could be sued for non-support. It's not due to a lack of talent, and if that's the case, what is the obvious answer? That's my point, my beef and my basis for hanging my ass on my shoulders this early in the season. It's coaching. I'm wondering if Kirby can coach at all, or lead, such as the case may be. One thing is for sure though, and I'll be tough to move from this point as I've stated it before: Coaches should not cut their teeth at the University of Georgia. If I'm wrong, I'll be glad to retract, but I'll prognosticate here. We lose to Florida, Auburn and Tech this year. It won't be a talent issue.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc, ogredawg

More
7 years 5 months ago #75428 by bpatters69
Replied by bpatters69 on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 8
Agree with other posters on what needs to happen on this game but I would say play calling is critical too. If we and the media are correct, our WRs will be shut down by the UF DBs. So that leaves our running game, passes to TEs and passes to our RBs and FB. Can Nauta be a difference maker? If we complete passes to Sony and Chubb in space what happens? If we are successful with short passes and the running game, maybe we have a chance.

Our D will have to play well, very well. UF has questions about their O as we know. And then there are our not so special teams. If we allow UF to take advantage of a short field because we are covering kicks poorly, we going to be in for a long day.

I have seen this team play well against Tennessee. I am hoping they bring the same passion to the UF game.

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds