Forum

GAME DAY: UGA VS MIZZOU

7 years 7 months ago #74711 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS MIZZOU
I'll eat my crow on everything I've ever said about Eason if he keeps bringing it like he did tonight, I won't have any choice! He made some bad decisions but that's expected with a true freshman! But he never lost his cool and made some amazing throws when he had to! No doubt that he will grow tremendously from this game! I'm excited from what I saw from the kid tonight! Hopefully we can get our o line up to par in a week...

GO DAWGS!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, sadlerdawg, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74712 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS MIZZOU

sadlerdawg wrote: O line needs to grow the F up.. D impressed... D and Eason and the human joystick won this one for us

Kablanow is a senior
Catalina is a senior
Pyke is a senior
Wynn is a junior with experience..

I think we need to accept that this group will probably be a weakness and not have great expectations for a lot of growth. Nicholls was
not the aberration.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

More
7 years 7 months ago #74713 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS MIZZOU
After this game, some time to think about what I see as the overall, comes down to this pretty much . . . .

We knew coming into 2016 that we had the tight end area covered, and I think it safe to say, talented. Questions have been asked about why we did not use the tight ends more on pass routes, including me. It became obvious “again” against Missouri that the coaches “knew” the lack of strength on the offensive line. Example of that . . . . Kindley was mentioned in reports this past week of moving up the ladder and practicing with the “starters”. Comes down to more than “depth”, don’t have to say too much more about that, except for this . . . . quarterback would have been beaten up time and again. Not a good way to bring in a freshman, regardless of his high school heroics. Believe that our coaching staff actually measured up to “reality”. The same “stuff” that Kirby Smart said on arrival in Athens. In my way of thinking, that is top notch coaching.

Comes down to the outside and slot receivers having to be more than “average”. Short time for a pass play to develop, heavy pressure on the quarterback.

Much more could be said. Will say this . . . . Kirby Smart gets a pat on the back from me for the way he handled the clock in the final 3 or 4 minutes of the game. If we had a different head coach, thinking along the lines of prior to 2016, time and game management were never handled as a “process”. That coming from me is not being “ugly”, simply the truth proven over and over for all of us to recall.

Has been said that we are “building” and that is being said again. Looking over the incoming players, can see patterns of thought have been applied to our recruiting efforts. Our patience will be tested in 2016, and even 2017. Offensive lines are not built in quick order.

For all of that . . . . we got a “W”. Accepted without prejudice. Feel sure all FANS will freely discuss the merits of this win and others, I hope.

Go Dawgs, good clock management Kirby.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74714 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS MIZZOU

sflanagan21 wrote: Hopefully we can get our o line up to par in a week...

I wouldn't hold my breath on that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg

More
7 years 7 months ago #74715 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS MIZZOU
Agreed SD...

Hopefully I'm going to come out of my bedroom in a few minutes and my kids will be dressed and ready for church.... I wouldn't bet on it though, lol

I think our biggest mistake by far was not making a change 2 or 3 years ago and letting out previous sleepwalking administration continue to strip the cupboard bare.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74716 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS MIZZOU
Ole Miss is going to dominate both lines of scrimmage next week I am afraid

thecountrynation.com

More
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds