Forum

GAME DAY: UGA VS MIZZOU

7 years 7 months ago #74736 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS MIZZOU

scooby wrote: Just watching the highlights as I did not see the game. Fourth down td pass for the lead. Fumble recovery on the fifty to end the game. That last fumble was a strange looking play. Number 24 missed the tackle but knocked ball loose. If he didn't loose ball he had some running room. Kirby thought what I'm saying. Watch the clip on ESPN and you will see a wtf look on his face.

Kirby thought what?

IMO: The puzzled look on his face was him not knowing if the reciever actually had posession and whether or not it was going to be ruled an INT or an incomplete pass. In slow-mo replay it was obvious but in real time it wasn't quite so clear.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74738 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS MIZZOU
Quote from Kirby's Mizzou Post-Game presser:

on being 3-0

Guys, we're this close - this close (gestures with fingers) - to losing that one. We're this close to being 1-2. We could be 0-3. But those kids in that room, they keep fighting. And that's what I'm about. I'm about playing guys who compete and fight. And there's some guys on our team who I'm going to call em' out on Monday. I'm not going to tell you who they are, but I'm going to call them out and say 'you didn't compete the right way. You didn't go fight.' And we're going to either find a way to replace them or get them fighting. Because when we get 22 out there fighting, then we'll have the right group.

On the running game (or lack thereof)

We have got to get creative and find a way to run the ball. We can't be one dimensional and we have to get the running game going. It's frustrating for Jim because we're designing the plays to run the type of offense we want, and it's not for lack of running talent that we aren't running the ball. It's our inability to move those two 330lb lineman to get some holes to get our running game going. You have to keep the threat of the run game to keep the defense from pass rushing every play.

On the missed field goals

Look I like Ham, I like both those kids. But it's time to grow up. You kick it well in practice, go in there and kick it well in the game. Grow up. Just get confidence and go out there and do it.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74739 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS MIZZOU

Wartdawg wrote:

scooby wrote: Just watching the highlights as I did not see the game. Fourth down td pass for the lead. Fumble recovery on the fifty to end the game. That last fumble was a strange looking play. Number 24 missed the tackle but knocked ball loose. If he didn't loose ball he had some running room. Kirby thought what I'm saying. Watch the clip on ESPN and you will see a wtf look on his face.

Kirby thought what?

IMO: The puzzled look on his face was him not knowing if the reciever actually had posession and whether or not it was going to be ruled an INT or an incomplete pass. In slow-mo replay it was obvious but in real time it wasn't quite so clear.

Looked to me like Kirby was thinking 24 did not wrap the guy up and we would be losing this game if the receiver held the ball. Not sure if you are watching the clip I was watching, but that's what his expression said to me.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74740 by gillette
Replied by gillette on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS MIZZOU
I agree Buc.

I mentioned this to a friend of mine during the 3rd qrt. There were a lot of obvious signals by JE that may have given the defense a hint on what's happening. It's like being a sniper and you point to your spotter using hand motions on what you want him lock in on. Less movement is best in IMO.

I hope the film will reveal that to the coaching staff so they can coach up JE on that technique.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74741 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS MIZZOU
I saw the same clip you saw... and I saw Rocker (I think) assure him that it was a catch and fumble...

and knowing there was still over a minute to play and Mizzou had the ball at the 50 needing only a field goal, I know that #24 (whose name is Dominick Sanders just FTR) put his shoulder into the ball trying to cause a turnover.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74742 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS MIZZOU
gillette, always good to see you back.

Just a pinch of a second will mean a lot to the Ole Miss players. With you, hope the coaches picked up on that particular movement and make some changes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds