Forum

GAME DAY: UGA VS MIZZOU

7 years 7 months ago #74634 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS MIZZOU
Good game to see how fast JE can move up the learning curve. It he reads better, sees wide open receivers, sidesteps blitzes better, then we're on the way. If not, it could take a while. GL did nothing last year against these guys. Don't expect much more this year. If he's the man, running game best be revved up and Ham accurate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74637 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS MIZZOU
So as promised, now that I can think clearly, here's some thoughts on what we'll probably see today.

I think we win this game on Chubb's anger alone.

Let us not forget that prior to his injury last season, Chubb was single handedly carrying this team with no o-line and no QB, so expect to see that Chubb reemerge this game to make statements. I think we will see an improvement on the o-line over what we saw last week against Nicholls simply because they can't get much worse than they were last week, but the defense will be where this game is controlled. I expect to see our defense really step it up. Maurice Smith will be a factor as will Dominik Sanders. Talent wise, we're sitting much better on D and they're going to have to make a statement in this game.

I hope to see Chaney get the tight ends more involved in this game and I also expect Chigbu to redeem himself this week with at least one caught pass that makes an impact. I also expect we'll see the WR's start to break some coverage and start acting like WR's.

Skinny is going to make some strides in this game, but is still going to show flashes of being a freshman. However, playing him is the right move. Every minute he's on the field is an investment in the future. Lots of chirping about Jake Fromm on the boards this week. Gonna be interesting to see how seriously JE takes the fact that there's a guy who threw a total of 6 TD's and had 300 yards at the half last night for Houston County who shows up in Athens next season.

If I had to take a wild stab at the final, I think we win the game, but will still be ugly at times. 35-24 dawgs. I'd bet UGA on the spread at -6.5
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

More
7 years 7 months ago #74638 by growl
Replied by growl on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS MIZZOU
I believe it might be as simple as the light suddenly coming on and we start to click.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74639 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS MIZZOU
Continue with Eason starting and playing and as SD said bring in Lambert occasionally when it is needed.

Growl, I hope the 'light comes on too'.

A lot to be learned today. 7:30pm. Be there.

(The boss wants to remind folks no extreme cussing. Disagree is fine, disagree strongly is fine. If I see something way out of line I will either 1. edit it myself. 2. OR hide the message and send you an email to fix it. Why? We have to keep those words out of the Google index or we get penalized in searches and no longer rated family friendly.)

Have a good game and Go Dawgs!!!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, sflanagan21

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74642 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS MIZZOU
Louisville is legit and Grantham has that D playing! We need a Lamar Jackson type QB! Richt calling plays and running fast tempo and putting up points.

Man I'm so ready for a change at UGA! I watch games all day on Saturdays and it's sad to say this but we have a long ways to go. And hear we sit as Dawgs fans hoping to pull out a win against Mizzou...

For the record, I'm glad both Grantham and Richt are gone but I find it funny and frustrating that they're both doing well.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74643 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS MIZZOU
I still feel like we put it on Mizzou as long as our O line shows up and plays nasty. It's a MUST that we get our TE's involved early and often! Chubb will get his and I'm expecting like others a BIG game from him.

I woke up very early this morning and went on a hike with the lovely wife and pups and all I could think about was our QB situation. I have never been very big on JE and that's only because I didn't see anything from him in HS besides a very strong arm. Don't take that comment wrong because I do think he is going to be a very good QB but it's going to take a lot longer than any of us can imagine. I can't predict the future but I was able to watch Fromm live Thursday night and the kid is legit in every aspect of the word and he will be competing for that starting job next year if JE doesn't figure things out this season. Not saying Fromm will be the starter next season but after watching him live Thursday I'd start him today against Mizzou, he is that damn good!

With all that being said, I do hope this is the game that JE comes alive and never looks back and I'll proudly eat my crow! He is going to need a lot of help from Chaney to put him in the right calls and even more help/protection from our O line.

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds