Forum

Is our third game too big for the Dawgs and CKS?

7 years 7 months ago #74556 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Is our third game too big for the Dawgs and CKS?
Afternoon....here I am in Gator/FSU country doing dedicated recon duty in Destin...

Enjoying Royal Red shrimp a damn cold pints of brew

Many Dawg fans sharing the beach plus the local

Urange.... Not all happy with progress with Gators

CKS.....has put deep concerns of the faces of the locals..

Many have spoke about our HC and the future shifting

Power to the Dawgs.... World understands what is

Taking place with our program. Go. Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, sadlerdawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74557 by Buc
AP Poll --- 9/12/2016

1. Alabama
2. Florida State
3. Ohio State
4. Michigan
5. Clemson
6. Houston
7. Stanford
8. Washington
9. Wisconsin
10. Louisville

Quite a shift in rankings from last week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74558 by growl
Think that top 10 will change :S ?

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 7 months ago #74559 by Buc
A quick 4 minute look back at the past 15 years.

Reason for posting this is not to slam Mark Richt, it is my way of trying to put SEC head coaching in its proper prospective.

I feel that the press came hard at Kirby Smart, quickly . . . . found out this is a different person.

Mark Richt had one serious moment with a question asked in a press conference, can be seen on the video, other than that, he was sociable with the media.

Coach Smart has been on the "media sideline" for a long time. Learned a thing or two. Agree with some of what sadlerdawg posted earlier about understanding the totality of the job. sadlerdawg also posted that he was one of the first to comment on bringing Kirby Smart to Athens . . . . that goes "way back". sadlerdawg and averagedawg were the leaders in that movement. Almost lost Coach Smart to the Gamecocks, won't go into that again.

Miss averagedawg, would like to see his return to Dawgs.com.

Have read again on the internet where folks discussing Georgia football are quick to mention Atlanta and the surrounding area being a transit area. True, to a point. Do I for a minute believe that the overflow group of FANS at the G Day Game, many more than anticipated, are not Red and Black FANS, they are. Head Coach Kirby Smart will never forget that particular day, bet that. Georgia FANS will bring that to the internet a zillion times in the blogosphere.

Coach Smart was quick to say that he did not understand the working order of the head phones in his first trip to Atlanta against UNC. Too many supposed leaders are quick to put a different front on a statement like that. Kirby Smart is a straight shooter.

Add this . . . . I will not be surprised to see Coach Pittman bring some new faces to the offensive line, meaning playing time. He has some big bodies, that alone does not outweigh experience.

Believe this group of coaches have a plan, and sometimes in the "plan" they have to see what happens when different players are in the game. I do know this as does everyone else . . . . our coaches went North of the Mason/Dixon Line to recruit our current offensive left tackle. I sit in ogredawgs camp, #72 Tyler Catalina is one heck of a run blocking lineman. I think he is a bad a**.

Bouncing around, have always done that, just love for the Red and Black, and wanting to see us come together and play SEC football.

One more thing . . . . Did notice that there is one team from the SEC in the AP Top Ten. No surprise there.

Go Dawgs :)

www.fox5atlanta.com/sports/54762890-story#

More
7 years 7 months ago #74560 by Buc

growl wrote: Think that top 10 will change :S ?

How many times, eh Chief . . . . I actually prefer the Coaches Poll. That however is sometimes a "bit clouded".

I remain one of those that believes there should be a "Final Eight". Pressure from the fans will move that thought forward. Media will love going from 4 to 8, extends "Follow The Money Theory". Huge payday for everyone, including the "players". Like it or not, going to happen . . . . soon.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74561 by growl
Personally I've always believed that things would shake out and be more accurate if the rankings came out for the first time halfway through the year, at least you would be able to discern who is going up and who is headed down. It makes better sense to me.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds