Forum

Is our third game too big for the Dawgs and CKS?

7 years 7 months ago #74575 by ogredawg
Yep Buc. This game will show if the team and the coaching staff can overcome a poorly played game.

So far from what the fish wrappers are saying is Kirby is not to happy about yesterdays practice and the QB situation is still just that a daily changing "situation".

Me I think he just needs to go ahead and decide and come hell or high water stick with it and push forward win or lose, reason being is a lot of what is being said is that there is a lack of leadership and the QB is the de facto leader of not just the O but the entire team. My choice is #10 because he IS the future for the next 2-3 years...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74577 by Buc
ogredawg, one thing that impresses me about Jacob Eason is his willingness to stand tall in the pocket . . . . when there is one. Not being ugly, goes to show just how important a leader is to any football team. AM proved that over and over, still live in disbelief that AM continues to play the game. AM, smart and a tough man, above all he not only played college football at another level, my opinion he became the head coach in his junior year. Reflecting back, AM did not have a lot of talent on the offensive line, that is where his "preparation" paid off. Little things like taking his summers and time off going to study with coaches that improved his game.

Totally agree with Coach Smart about leadership. Hoping to see Tracy Rocker get a bit more out of his defensive front. Appeared to me that Thompson began to show leadership after the first half against Nicholls State.

Missouri, big game. Me thinks . . . .

ogredawg, really disappointed thus far with #55 on the offensive line. Thought he was going to be a very good offensive lineman, maybe he will show some improvement . . . . soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74578 by thriller
I fully expect this week's game to be a BLOW OUT of Missouri. If it is NOT, then I'll be concerned.

If I could give one piece of advice to the team, it would be this (and I know this may fly in the face of convention):

Don't worry about mistakes. Go out and exert your WILL, and play with speed and athleticism.

I say don't worry about mistakes, because too many times I've seen teams try to eliminate mistakes and wind up playing not to lose, and then losing because of a lack of aggression.

This needs to be a "take it out on their @ss" kind of game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 7 months ago #74579 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Is our third game too big for the Dawgs and CKS?
Just added Uverse TV to my Uverse Internet so I can WATCH the games. Cheaper than always going to the watering hole for ESPN and so forth.

Ready to go here!
Go Dawgs!!!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1

7 years 7 months ago #74580 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Is our third game too big for the Dawgs and CKS?
steve,

Just an FYI for future reference, check out SlingTV and their packages online streaming. It's the best value for streaming TV with no contracts or obligations. I think to get all the sports channels (including SEC network), it's like $20 a month.

I'm sure you've got it all figured out on your end, I just wanted to make you aware of options.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller

More
7 years 7 months ago #74583 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Is our third game too big for the Dawgs and CKS?
Good to know. 20 bucks is a great price.

I am just testing ATT TV since I already have their Internet service on a 1 gig fiber line. I want to see how they do it first. Then I will be shopping.

I figured cost backwards. It is less than going to the local pub. :whistle:

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds