Forum

Is our third game too big for the Dawgs and CKS?

7 years 7 months ago #74568 by rockdawg
It was definitely a lesson. Whether learned or not, we'll see against MO. They look to be a beatable team, but not nearly as pathetic offensively as the last two years. Should be an interesting game. I'm curious to see how quickly JE will move up the learning curve. Game needs to slow down in his head just a bit, and he'll see the open guys.

Saturday is all about the O Line. They are NOT true freshmen, and have no excuse for not having it together. If they respond well - "coached up", as Buc always says - then everything is on course. If they struggle again, it's going to be a long season.

Like the way Marshall is looking on the other side. A find for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74569 by Wartdawg

yankeedawg1 wrote: Exactly Buc. Heads would not not me ch the chatter about

If standings didn't change week to week. Less click material

Go Dawgs

absolutely, the polll game is good for business

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74570 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Is our third game too big for the Dawgs and CKS?
Reading all the post here... my thoughts.

They did it in the first game, played loose second game. Got 2 W's out of it.

Scary stuff last game. I am still watching KS deal with the inherited players. Shaping them up in the short time he has had. I expect each game to be a little different.

I hope it was Marine boot camp this week. Work, work, work, no complaining. Then more work. Play your positions. No show boating.

It is definitely hunker down time.

Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74571 by Buc
This group of UGA players (2016) know exactly where/how they stack up.

Everyone on the offensive line (starters) with the exception of one, have played SEC football more than a quarter or two.

Offensive coaches called "their game". Bet this . . . . Missouri is "show time".

Just how much can be expected from the "entire" offensive side of the ball, that includes all of the players, not just the offensive line.

Right now we have two quarterbacks that Coach Smart says are still in the race for starter.

We watched Lambert in 2015, thought in the beginning that Greyson was going to be "all that". It is clear at this point what Lambert can and cannot do.

We have had a quick look at Jacob Eason, we think he has talent. Watching the film again, not saying anything that you folks do not know, or have not seen to this point. Jacob Eason does not read defenses real well, proved that to be true Saturday. Eason has to have that "extra" time in the pocket to go through the progressions. If you have not watched the game film again, take a look.

There is a lot of talk about the incoming quarterback from Middle Georgia. Difference between Jacob Eason and Jake Fromm . . . . difference in the competition each faced in high school FACT.

Check the list below of 2017 commits to UGA . . . . these are the young men that Jake Fromm faces most Friday nights.

Not knocking, just calling it like I see it.

Bet this . . . . Coach Jim Chaney knows that he has a lot of work to do to bring Jacob Eason up to where he wants him. Not being ugly, just facts in my opinion.

Believe we will lose the quarterback from Cartersville to Clemson. Hope not, just a "feeling".

Go Dawgs

www.dawgbone.net/commitments2017.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
7 years 7 months ago #74572 by Wartdawg
Guys... it's a simple equation for this team.

We have a tentative game manager and a raw gunslinger at QB. We have loads of RB talent.

There is one thing that makes this work for us.. an offensive line. A dominating offensive line.

That's it for our offense. Our RB's need creases even if they are only slight, and they can't be being forced laterally by penetration.

If we can't have that, then we are a team that will struggle to beat Nicholls offensively. So we better either get that, or ask our D not give up more than 13 points to SEC caliber opponents.

It is time for this O-line to man-up. Coach-up is fine, but I have come to the conclusion after multiple coaches that we have the coach-up thing down. This line needs to go out on the field and show they can physically WHIP someone.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

More
7 years 7 months ago #74573 by Buc
Say again, 7:30 p.m. Saturday night, SEC Network, away game, we will know a lot more about what the rest of our season looks like.

Missouri has watched film on both games played in 2016. Supposedly the strength of the Tigers team is the defensive line and backers.

Will they load the box? Probably go something like this . . . . if we drop passes, yes.

One thing that really sticks out, bothers me . . . . multiple two tight end sets, why? Think maybe the coaches understand the need for extra blocking and protection. If our coaches are not using the two tight end sets for that reason . . . . we have serious problems.

Saturday night, we also face a quarterback that has a very good arm. Believe that our defense can handle a lot of that.

Answers on the way . . . . :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds