Forum

Is our third game too big for the Dawgs and CKS?

7 years 7 months ago #74550 by growl
Not trying to be a smartass or anything else, just posing a question that is in my mind. Do you find that the problem areas that have been pointed out here on this site are too much to deal with in such a short time? I personally feel that the things we should concentrate on in practice this week is concentration and execution! The game that I watched over and over this weekend made one thing perfectly clear to me, the team is loaded with talent although someone from the outside would maybe say different. I thought I noticed an attempt to showboat and it backfired. Back to basics folks. What do you think it will take?

GO DAWGS!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 7 months ago #74551 by Buc
Growl, Coach Smart from day one on the practice field and speaking at his press conferences has said the same thing you said above . . . . Back to the "basics". He has not lied, and will not. Smart is not going to candy coat anything, not in his DNA. Sometimes it will bite him in the butt, more often the FANS understand that "change" in Athens means more than a name on a business card.

I will say it . . . . While we do have a lot of talent on the roster, much of that talent did not understand just exactly what the total meaning of the word "change" meant.

Watched a couple of our DB's totally out of position Saturday, and it cost us. Kirby Smart gets "livid" when he sees that.

Under Coach Smart it will come down to this . . . . "Spit or get off of the pot". Head coach wants "team play" and he will get that.

Go Dawgs
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74552 by thriller

growl wrote: Not trying to be a smartass or anything else, just posing a question that is in my mind. Do you find that the problem areas that have been pointed out here on this site are too much to deal with in such a short time? I personally feel that the things we should concentrate on in practice this week is concentration and execution! The game that I watched over and over this weekend made one thing perfectly clear to me, the team is loaded with talent although someone from the outside would maybe say different. I thought I noticed an attempt to showboat and it backfired. Back to basics folks. What do you think it will take?

GO DAWGS!!!!!GATA

I may be the only one in the Dawg Nation who isn't worried at all. They played a very emotionally high game against North Carolina, gave it everything they had and won. Then they faced a "weak" opponent, expecting to just show up and win. Eason makes a pass that winds up going about 93 yards in the wrong direction, Chubb does something he NEVER does - fumbles - same for Isaiah. Chigbu drops passes, O-Line lays down. The whole 9 yards - and we still WON. Eliminate the mistakes and that game wouldn't be close.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying we're a shoo-in to win any championships. I still think we go 8-4, or 9-3. But I'd bet practice this week will feature some POPPIN' pads. And bear crawls and gassers and pushups and much more. But in the end, I think Vegas probably has it about right - UGA by 6.5 over Mizzou. Sounds about right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74553 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Is our third game too big for the Dawgs and CKS?
I'm with thriller...I don't think our performance was talent related...I think it was a lack of keeping the team focused in between a big win and the sec opener. Classic trap game that, well, trapped us.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74554 by growl
Not worried , definitely concerned about becoming a habit like the past and CKS may have to put a hand on the ground and dig in.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 7 months ago #74555 by Wartdawg
I'm not worried about this game being too big.

With the way things have gone so far, I am more
worried about our game with the UL-Lafayette Ragun-Caguns being too small.

B)

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds