Forum

Is our third game too big for the Dawgs and CKS?

7 years 7 months ago #74562 by Buc

growl wrote: Personally I've always believed that things would shake out and be more accurate if the rankings came out for the first time halfway through the year, at least you would be able to discern who is going up and who is headed down. It makes better sense to me.

Totally buy into what you posted growl.

One problem . . . . follow the money, eh? Not against making money, just being a part of "them" at one time understand the pressure from those that sign the checks. Not like the Navy back in the day being paid with two dollar bills. Yes, I was in those lines.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74563 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Is our third game too big for the Dawgs and CKS?
Exactly Buc. Heads would not not me ch the chatter about

If standings didn't change week to week. Less click material

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
7 years 7 months ago #74564 by growl
Just about shut Norfolk and surrounding area down that day, just like the "Sailors and dogs stay off the grass" signs.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 7 months ago #74565 by Buc

growl wrote: Just about shut Norfolk and surrounding area down that day, just like the "Sailors and dogs stay off the grass" signs.

Remember well Chief Growl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74566 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Is our third game too big for the Dawgs and CKS?
Coming to the party a little late... busy day.

Guys, I'm not worried one bit. Not even a tiny bit worried. Let me explain why...

A lot of hype and a whirlwind of what-if's surfaced really fast after the win against Carolina. All of us who watched the game knew that we got very lucky to come back and win that game. But something has been lost in the "noise" of the hype and excitement - youth.

Guys - we have a combination of very young players and plenty of seasoned players that Kirby never would have recruited nor extend scholarships to. Kirby has made comments, even going back to the spring, that were blunt and to the point: "I look at our lines and the backfield and we just don't have a lot of really good players." Plain and to the point. Then, after last game, he tried to reiterate that "I look across the line and I see three true freshman out there. It's scary." We need to settle down and accept the fact that it's going to take some time to iron the wrinkles out and frankly, flush out the CMR era. That's not to say that all the talent from the CMR era is garbage, not at all. But most of the talent is not what CKS would have recruited at Bama nor what CNS would have expected him to go after.

Let's all take a breather for a moment here and realize that none of us expected this to be "our year." I still don't. We are 2 more seasons off from it if you ask me. Look at the recruiting classes that are coming up and look at what kind of players are in those classes. Bright days are the horizon. Wait til we start seeing what a CKS Georgia football team really looks like. We'll look back at this conversation and laugh.

Nicholls was a disaster, and as big of a disaster as it was, I still take positives out of that game. I'm glad we got humbled, and I for one believe it may have been just what the doctor ordered. Would I have liked to see a 56-3 game? Yeah, but I do believe that the humbling experience would have come at some point this season. Glad we got it out of the way now and I'm glad we got the win. I can't say that I believe we would have gotten the win had we been in that situation with the old regime. We are 2-0, and no matter how nasty that 2-0 may have been, it beats the crap out of being 1-1.

Everyone relax. No, the third game is not too big for the Dawgs and CKS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, rockdawg

More
7 years 7 months ago #74567 by gillette
I agree with you SD on all of your points. I feel Saturdays game was a lesson learned for all of the players and coaches as well. Glad the lesson wasn't a loss. I'm sure watching the film hit everyone like a lightening bolt. I hope it did.

More
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds