Forum

Is our third game too big for the Dawgs and CKS?

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74591 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Is our third game too big for the Dawgs and CKS?
This is really disappointing. This tells me that this group of young pups has a lot of growing up to do, and they're light years from where they need to be if we're to be competing for championships.

www.dawgnation.com/football/opinion/towe...layful-at-the-moment

:blush:

Embarrassing. It shows the lack of discipline these guys are used to getting away with in a program.

But Kirby will get them where they need to be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74592 by Buc
Scroll down, past the video and check out the Game Picks. Remembering that we are 7.5 point picks.

SEC Network had the Missouri/Eastern Michigan game replayed early this morning. Kirby Smart concerned, understandable.

Going back to what SouthernDawg posted above . . . . Seems every year for a long time we hear the players talk about how they have turned over a new leaf and are all about business.

I wonder if Kirby ruffled some feathers when he first arrived in Athens. Plain spoken about the needs of player types he wants in Athens. Just thinking to myself.

Missouri quarterback Lock said in the video posted on this site that he was taking his offensive line to dinner. Reminds me of AM and how he showed appreciation to his offensive lines. Called leadership.

247sports.com/League/NCAA-FB/GamePicks
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
7 years 7 months ago #74593 by thriller
I'll say it again.

If we don't BLOW OUT Missouri, it's going to be a long season. Here's why:

1. Missouri isn't very good. Sure, they beat Eastern Michigan by a huge score. But they aren't very good.

2. UGA got a scare last Saturday, from a BAD Div II team. They were 3-9 last year. They suck in a league-of-suck. And they almost beat us. That's a SCARE.

3. After you experience a terrible scare from a bad team (or practically ANYTHING IN LIFE for that matter), you either have your adrenaline pumping or you are a quitter. The adrenaline BETTER BE A PUMPIN'.

4. Vegas believes we are 10 points better than Missouri (on a NEUTRAL field - they get 3 points for being at home). Vegas is RARELY very wrong. They make their money being right more often than wrong, put it that way.

5. Talent. Flat out, straight up, we have MORE of it.

If we don't blow them out, even on their own field, something is WRONG. Sometimes Vegas misses (this is USUALLY the result of something that has changed in a very dramatic and unexpected way within a program). Sometimes that scare you get is NOT irrational - sometimes you SHOULD be afraid, like when it's a rattlesnake instead of a king snake. Sometimes a team just has no chemistry at all, and the "weaker" team has it. Sometimes your "talent" is nothing more than an assumption based on the letter on the side of your helmet. Any of the above could happen. And if it DOES, then we go 7-5 this year and probably lose in the "Who Cares Bowl" against some crappy team from the ACC.

And so I maintain, until proven otherwise (Saturday night) that we will DESTROY Missouri.

:S
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74594 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Is our third game too big for the Dawgs and CKS?
I'm with Thriller on a blowout Sat, BUT the o-line has to show up and play their asses off on every single snap and Chubb will handle the rest. OG and Buc are right there is no chemistry at all with the o line and I'm not convinced that's it's not talent but more so new "language" and schemes that they maybe still figuring out. Maybe this game is the turning point for them.

Not patting myself on the back but I knew it was going to take a while for JE to settle in and unfortunately it's going to take a lot longer. He needs to take control of the O but that's not going to happen until he becomes comfortable. I started at QB as a sophomore at a powerhouse school in Georgia in HS and it took me about 6-8 games to finally settle in. I'm not comparing myself to JE but I can relate. I've been coaching HS QB's for over 10 years and 8 out of 10 young QB's have that transition period. Like it's been said on here by many, JE played at a very low level team in HS and I don't care how many stars you have next to your name chances are you're not going to come in as a true freshman and light it up at an SEC school.

With all that being said I do feel like JE is our future and he will go down as one of the greats but this season is going to be a learning curve for him. One thing that would help would be if we were to use our TE's more on quick passes and our recievers on quick timing routes and stop going deep so much! He needs to be tossing short timing routes so he can develop some confidence in himself and that will help slow the game down. His primary and secondary should be on routes that he feels comfortable throwing in and overtime the field will start to open up to him because right now he is missing a lot of wide open reads.

If the O line struggles again Sat then Vegas will be right on this one...

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc, DAWGtm

More
7 years 7 months ago #74595 by thriller
I'm not at all worried about JE. He was either going to struggle THIS year, or NEXT year. I'd rather it be this year. And honestly, at least he can hit a pass more than 20 yards deep, which GL can't do.

Yep. The O-Line needs to seriously MAN UP and BOW UP this weekend. It doesn't matter WHO is playing behind them, if they don't do their jobs. I truly believe they are better than last weekend. I believe they have been insulted enough. They will MAN UP.

And finally, I agree with sflanagan21 - where are the TEs? If you want to get those LBs out of the box, just drop a TE behind 'em. (Go back and watch how we did that against LSU a few years ago in Sanford stadium - it was like MAGIC.)

Good post, sflanagan21.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
7 years 7 months ago #74598 by Wartdawg
All I will say is Vegas may not think we are 10 points better, but the betters think we are and they are not always on point.

We often don't fare well against the spread because we have often underperformed when the betting public was over-valuing us.

Well maybe they were accurate based on our talent level, but were just often misguided about our drive and readiness to play.

It's time to change that.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds