Forum

Is our third game too big for the Dawgs and CKS?

7 years 7 months ago #74599 by thriller
I agree with Wartdawg - if we are actually overvalued, then this is going to be a long and probably disappointing season. My expectation is that the Nicholls game was the aberration, not the UNC game. If I've got that backwards, I'm not really looking forward to the season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74601 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic Is our third game too big for the Dawgs and CKS?
I agree with Thriller---not worried. It will take 2 years to change the soft culture CMR left. NC was emotional. We will bulldoze MIZZ.

And if we don't? No worries----the talent is coming. Give it time.

See, the issue is CMR left us with softies. We have no depth at OL or DL. Our WR's are not top 10 material.

Musaaaaaahhhh
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74609 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Is our third game too big for the Dawgs and CKS?
I usually stay away from Dawgs.com this time of year because the gnashing of teeth sets my own on edge. The original question is a valid one, but I think that if we get to the point that any game is too big for anybody on the team, then they are on the wrong team. After all, this is the big league, where the big boys come to play and coach.
I'm with those who think that last week was an aberration. We got caught napping, and hopefully a few boots found their way into the right asses this week in practice. Missou will be a good test, much like NC. As with every week, it depends on who comes to play. I imagine, as most games seem to be these days, that this one will be bad for the ticker if you're a dawg fan. I'm not sure why our guys are still sloppy on assignments, or why receivers drop balls that hit them in the hands, or why QBs miss the wide open guys, but it happens alot with us. I'm hoping this is the last year I have to look forward to next year. I'm waiting for next year to arrive this year. If somebody can tell me when that will happen, yeah, that would be great.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74614 by scooby
Biggest surprise for me is Kirby not picking a qb starter. Competition is good, but so is conference and continuity. Pick one. If it doesn't work, announce a change.

Edit. Confidence. . .

More
7 years 7 months ago #74630 by Wartdawg
I think last week was an aberration as well because even a really bad UGA team should trash Nicholls by 30 points.

While it was an aberration, I do still think we have a culture of underachieving that hasn't been completely washed away yet.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds