Forum

GAME DAY: UNC VS UGA

7 years 6 months ago #74398 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic GAME DAY: UNC VS UGA

Buc wrote: kentdaddy, amazing what Chubb did running against a 8 man front. Have watched a lot of running backs come through Athens, not sure any have impressed me more. The 8 man front also knew where we would run the ball, still ran for over 200 yards.

I also saw an offensive line that showed some serious "nasty". Couple of blocks that our fullback laid on the UNC linebackers was really impressive. Different attitude by all involved. Coaches and players.

Yep. It is a great new day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #74399 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic GAME DAY: UNC VS UGA
To me it was really great that for the first time in years, it's the day after a big game, and our season still means something.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago #74400 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: UNC VS UGA
Have this feeling that our coaches have laid the ground work, believe they will now move forward. Forward at a pace in the long run that will pay dividends. Add a little of this and a little of that. A big plus if we can remain in the top five or ten recruiting in 2017. This group of coaches are not about hurting feelings, they are about winning and playing those that earn time.

More
7 years 6 months ago #74401 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic GAME DAY: UNC VS UGA

Buc wrote: This group of coaches are not about hurting feelings, they are about winning and playing those that earn time.

Buc, kind of scary for me to think how badly this game would have gone had we not had a coaching change. Had we not, I think most would agree that Lambert would have played the whole game, and the run/pass ratio would have been 50/50 (like it almost always was) instead of 72% run or whatever it ended up being. Hmm, imagine that, calling plays that play to your offensive strengths. Definitely a new era.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago #74402 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: UNC VS UGA
sadlerdawg, like you said above . . . . a different outlook after the first game, as compared to many previous years. UNC has some football players, also have a head coach that is turning the UNC program around. I like the fact that we started 2016 with a good team. See where Clemson coach would like to play UGA again, often. I would like that a lot.

Hoping you are keeping your eyes and ears open. Know that you are, too much "stuff" going on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago #74403 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: UNC VS UGA
I think it is smart playing a big non conference game 1st. You need it for strength of schedule, and if you happen to lose that 1sr game against a ranked team like that, you've got all season to
recover your own ranking.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds