Forum

GAME DAY: UNC VS UGA

7 years 7 months ago #74392 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: UNC VS UGA
Kicking game bothers me a bit as well. We've always been strong there, and now I think it is a weakness.

People think you're a negative Nelly when you complain after a win, but I don't call seeing legitimate flaws as "complaining".

I am as tickled as a pig in slop right now but I think we've got to get better in the kicking game, Wynn has got to stop being beat on the inside pass rush, and Eason has to quickly get more accustomed to the speed of the game at this level.

Still... happy as that pig right now, but I just want to get ready for tomorrow so to speak.
Come Tuesday what happened on Saturday is history.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74393 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: UNC VS UGA
growl, great point you make about the "comeback". Conversation in a group I was with said if we had not made a coaching change for 2016, going down 10 points would probably cause some "shoulders slumping" when checking our past performances.

Appreciate what Fedora had to say about Smart . . . . said Smart did some things that they were not prepared for. Kirby has a "basket full of goodies" that will pay dividends in other games. Understands how to "reach" both players and coaches. Couple of shots by the cameras when Kirby and Mel were talking on the sideline. One time in particular Mel had Kirby's ear and at the end of the whisper, Kirby nodded his head in approval. That means so much, takes me back to grantham and Richt, never found common ground.

Back a bit on the kicking . . . . Believe we have a punter. Was glad to see that Smart has Butler on board with the kickers. As Kirby said, we will continue to look around. That is not a threat coming from Smart, I believe it to be a promise.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74394 by growl
Replied by growl on topic GAME DAY: UNC VS UGA
Buc, it is a good thing we have a punter, he is going to be needed to take up the slack resulting from the lack of a reliable place kicker no doubt

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 7 months ago #74395 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic GAME DAY: UNC VS UGA
There is a new Heisman front runner this morning I bet, Chubb showed up while the kids at LSU and Clemson were just OK.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
7 years 7 months ago #74396 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: UNC VS UGA
kentdaddy, amazing what Chubb did running against a 8 man front. Have watched a lot of running backs come through Athens, not sure any have impressed me more. The 8 man front also knew where we would run the ball, still ran for over 200 yards.

I also saw an offensive line that showed some serious "nasty". Couple of blocks that our fullback laid on the UNC linebackers was really impressive. Different attitude by all involved. Coaches and players.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74397 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic GAME DAY: UNC VS UGA
I think everybody touched on the many talking points of this game. Chubb was en fuego...gotta be impressed about that after the injury. Brian Herrien???? That kid is going to be special. Made me feel muuuuuch better about the running game situation seeing him.
Lambert had flashes of brilliance. Hey, he took care of his business so he gets a pass. Same with Eason, but we all know JE is the future of this team. Still, Kirby knew what he was doing with the rotations. I think we'll be fine at QB.
Where were the WR's? I think that part of their absence (outside of Chubb steamrolling NC) was a simplified plan for QB play. Need to get JE up to speed. I would like to see us take it down field more, going forward.
Kicking is going to raise my blood pressure.
Maurice Smith...kid can play.
First game of the season. Of course we have things to iron out, but I'm feeling a little better today about the rest of the season.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds