Forum

Game Week!

7 years 7 months ago #74290 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Game Week!
growl, looking forward to your Game Day Thread.

Game Day Thread is always a thread that brings out the "most" from Dawgs.com Members . . . . meaning discussion. Probably more comes out of the Game Day Thread than any other post/thread on Dawgs.com.

Win or lose, there will be both "pro and con" . . . . and there will be "no end" to the conversation as to "why" one way or the other.

Been around Dawgs.com for a while, one of my favorite times when "reading and discussing" UGA Football.

UNC/UGA, believe this is going to be a game that will "expose" the SEC or the ACC. Both conferences have a lot of very good players. AllDawgs5 in my opinion made the right statement . . . . as did Scooby . . . . this game is not a "gimmie".

Truly believe that we will see a lot more of the "top picks" getting knocked off when it comes time for selecting the "Final Four". I am still one of those that believes a "Final Four" is not going to last for too long. Bet this . . . . It will happen . . . . soon. I said that. Meaning more than "4". Coaching salaries move "up" if a "Final 8" happens.

Good reason for those being released as head coaches finding employment. I did not name "names".

Nick Saban proved that the "bottom line" can always be moved forward.

Football, College Football is soon to be an explosion, and those that coach or play the game are "home free".

Go Dawgs, UNC will come to play 9/3/2016. They have a very good quarterback. Many in the college football world believe that a good offensive line makes a quarterback "shine".

I really like our "inside linebackers". This group can and will get the "medias attention." They cannot speak about what they do not understand. They, the media will "chirp" about our ILB's when the game is over. Yes, said that too.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: scooby

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74291 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Game Week!
Buc, I'm really looking forward to watching the game tomorrow. Hung out with some buds watching last nights games.

One of the guys I was hanging with has a son at app state, so pretty cool watching him get into the ut/app game.

You guys enjoy the season.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74292 by scooby
Just kind of chewin the fat... Fedora gof got his hand slapped last week by the chancellor for bringing an old blemished friend on board. I got to give the gal credit for calling him out after all the chit that's happened in ch. Fedora makes four times the salary of the chancellor and she basically said this better not happen again. Don't see him sticking around after this.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74293 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Game Week!

scooby wrote: Kirby not starting the fan favorite is a good sign of his coaching. He is starting the same guy the old coach started, btw...

.... and that means what?

Do you think that in some way validates Mark Richt?, because it doesn't in any way form or fashion. Richt put himself in the BAD position of having to start a below average QB, and in many ways put KS in the same bad position... giving him the limited options of a true Freshman, a project that never worked out at all, and the only guy with any experience being a transfer who couldn't win the starting job on a lesser team.... (btw)

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74294 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Game Week!
Scooby, I would be "FOS" . . . . "Full of Spit" if I could approach this game in Atlanta and say that I do not have worries.

All of the "chirp" from the media about Tennessee being all that, and the media has "told" all of us that UT is "all that". Takes me back to what has been said/posted on Dawgs.com for several years about "****/****/*** . . . . star play. Many posts about having 5 Star players kicking 4 and 3 Star players, continues to make me chuckle.

Coaching is in "my wheelhouse"".

Have watched "incredible talent" pass through Athens, making their way to the NFL, and not winning the East Side of the SEC.

Going to say this again . . . . think Wartdawg and others have said the same . . . . brick and mortar, a missing combination in Athens. They walk away with millions, move on to areas that continue to pay millions and the media "explains" to you and me "why" they "deserve" that type of compensation.

We have a head coach in Athens (now) that has done more in less than one year as a head coach that has taken our program "leaps and bounds" past the previous 15 years, without question. I stand by that, will defend that.

I will always talk about "DEPTH" when the need arises. Do not care who the leader is. Do not feel I along with UGA backers have to "ever" worry about a head coach that "understands depth". Coach Smart understands, why did it take this long?

THERE ARE COACHES AND THERE ARE COACHES. I spent a lot of time "sorting" through that the past 10 years.

Many times myself and others have asked a simple question or two . . . . Is anyone above our/their "pay grade" LISTENING?

Have to say this, and have refrained from doing so through a request . . . . Smart came to Athens and pissed more than one off. It would be wrong for those of us that took the "battle" to Mahogany Row a couple of years or more back to . . . . back off.

All of us have to live within our beliefs, or . . . .

Tomorrow we have to play a game in Atlanta against a team that I think is a scoring machine. Will be interesting to see what has been accomplished since Smart and Company's arrival. Sure hope that we look and can produce a solid defense against a very good offensive team.

Bet this . . . . Or maybe it goes like this . . . . Head Coach Kirby Smart will not be a "statue' in one spot, he will do something that has been a lost cause in Athens and road games . . . . Win, lose or whatever, Head Coach Kirby Smart will "show EMOTION".
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl, scooby

More
7 years 7 months ago #74295 by scooby
Buc, it's going to be a good game....I think. B)

If it's a close game I think unc wins. However...uga could just dominate the line and run for 500 plus yards, etc.

Who knows. I thought tenn was going to be tuff till last night. Shows what I know...

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds