Forum

Game Week!

7 years 7 months ago #74232 by thriller
Game Week! was created by thriller
It's Monday morning, and I just can't stand it!

Eason or Lambert? Well it LOOKS like Eason. You certainly don't give the bulk of the first team snaps to someone you don't expect to start - at least I wouldn't. But then again, Lambert may have things down so well that they can afford to give Eason more attention. Eason has gotten the bulk of the work at #1 DURING MEDIA viewing, which is limited. Who knows?

All I do know is that my stomach is already upset, and we have the rest of the week to get through!

My hopes are high, my expectations are low.

My prediction for the season:

1. UNC - we lose this one, in a tough game. Just like Boise State a few years ago, UNC is a senior team - they know what to do by heart, and we don't. I think that's the difference in this one. We have better athletes, they just have too much experience (even if Lambert does start). UNC 31 UGA 24

2. Cupcake - some of the backups get a chance to play. Have fun. UGA whatever we want to score, Cupcake whatever we let them score.

3. Missouri - should be a win. I think it will be tougher than some do. UGA 20 Missouri 17

4. Ole Miss - this is a loss. Again, very experienced team at home. Ole Miss 41 UGA 30.

5. Tennessee - Another loss, but way closer than most think. Possible win. UT 27 UGA 21

6. South Carolina - tough win. They are a snake in the grass, but I think we win this one. UGA 30 USCe 20

7. Vanderbilt - easy win at home. UGA 38 Vandy 17

8. Off week - not a loss.

9. Florida - A loss, I'm afraid. Until we can prove that the monkey is off our backs, I will not predict a win. UF 20 UGA 14

10. Kentucky away - should be a win. Should be easy. We'll see. UGA 30 KY 20

11. Abuurn - SHOULD be a win. I don't like that it's a home game. The home team frequently doesn't fare well in this one. Still, UGA 24 Abuurn 17.

12. Cupcake - win. UGA whatever we want to score, Cupcake whatever we let them score.

13. Tech - win. Better be a loud win. UGA 41 GT 20.

Music City Bowl. Bowl schedulers are going to go WAY out of their way to do their dead level BEST to schedule us to play against Miami, no matter which bowl. So I'm thinking they'll have a great opportunity to do it. UGA 34 Miami 31.

So there is my prediction (9-4 with the bowl win). I would consider this to be a success, given that we really don't have a QB and our RBs are banged up and it's a first year and we have NO defensive line. Less than 8 wins will be a disappointment, but is certainly possible with this schedule.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• thriller
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 7 months ago #74233 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Game Week!
My hopes are higher, but I am trying to be realistic. In other words, sitting on the fence waiting to see what happens when they hit the field.

There are a lot of eyes on Kirby's leadership no matter how the games unfold. That part I am sure of him being what we have sized him up to be. A leader with a plan.

Go Dawgs!!!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74234 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Game Week!
I simply don't have enough reliable data on where this team is until I watch them play to start throwing out predictions.

9-3 sounds very realistic, so does 11-1, so does 7-5 at this point. Any of those may very well play out, but it remains to be seen what the strengths & weaknesses are of the 2016 squad.

I will, however, be surprised if we drop the UNC game. Not saying it's not possible, but I think there will be so much energy & emotion right off the bus at the Dome that UGA may win it on physicality and energy alone.

Eason will start. Don't worry. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74235 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Game Week!
I'll predict one thing and that is that when we beat UNC it will be the catalyst to a better than average season!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!! GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74250 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Game Week!
In the military, the phrase "light em up!" is often said before you unleash all of your firepower on a target.

UNC is the target...

Light em up, boys

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74257 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Game Week!
Start Great, stay great, and end the game possessing the ball on their 1 yd line taking a knee .

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds