Forum

Game Week!

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74268 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Game Week!
Well I have faith in the new regime, but I must say this is disappointing to me...I'm hoping to see Eason at some point Saturday

m.onlineathens.com/breaking-news/2016-09...A2D4F9135C7A2A9DB76C

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74269 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Game Week!
I will gladly eat my crow served cold. I was wrong.

I trust CKS to make the right call, but I find it amazing that a guy that could not earn the starting job for Virginia beats out Eason for the job at UGA.

:blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 7 months ago #74270 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Game Week!
They arent on the field yet, and its been up in the air to this point. Just sayin!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
7 years 7 months ago #74271 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Game Week!
It looks like CKS is focused on winning this game. I am one of the "throw Eason in the deep end" guys, but I agree that CKS is the guy on the sideline.

I wonder how much of Saban is showing here? QB battles tend to last a game or two over there.

Very excited that the season is finally here. I've been looking forward to THIS since the bowl loss to USF. Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74272 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Game Week!
I trust CKS and his decision to start Lambert. This game can and will dictate the season and CKS realizes how important this first game and first win of his era is. It's just way to risky to start a true freshman against a solid team in the first game of the season with all eyes on CKS. I'm sure if Lambert isn't producing then we will see Eason and by that time the nerves will be settled and the tunnel vision will be more clearer. I was pulling for Ramsey to pull things together but word is he just doesn't have the mindset unfortunately.

Lambert will not make any bad decisions, we all not that but his conservative play could hurt us and if CKS senses that he'll be yanked I'm sure of it. I also have a lot of faith in Chaney and his play calling so we may just see a different Lambert Sat. Plus our O line will be leaps and bounds better than last year so better protection could also reveal some things we didn't see from Lambert last season. Not to mention that Chaney will pull out all of the tricks in the hat to get a win so don't be surprised to see some formation of the Wild Dawg on Sat.

More importantly than all of the above is that #27 will be carrying the rock coming in leaner, faster and with an attitude. Chubb is once in a decade back and he was on a mission last year to prove that and this year he will, mark my word fellas! I've been watching Chubb do his thing since his sophomore year at Cedartown and I even said on here before UGA offered him a scholly that he was a force and very special! This is Chubb's year to show the Nation just how special he is! I expect at least 3 touchdowns and a 200 yard game from the BEAST!

I'll admit that I'm a little more optimistic than most Dawg fans. With that being said I see us putting a good ole fashion a** stomping on UNC. Our run game alone will be too much for them to handle and we will score at least 28 easy points with our new offensive look and with Chubb leading the way. Our D may have some questions but one thing you can bank on is that CKS will have them prepared and fired up like they've never been before. I've watched teams with lesser talent beat better talented teams before with heart and fight alone. That's what CKS brings and our D will show that Sat. I see the final score being 28-7 but I could also see it being an even bigger win for us if all is clicking with our O and Holyfield is the "real deal" like I'm hearing.

It's getting close boys! I won't sleep much Friday night I forsee! GO DAWGS

More
7 years 7 months ago #74273 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Game Week!
Couple of things. I wanted to see Eason. I think we all wanted too, but I was concerned. Lot of pressure on that young man. If Kirby thought for one minute the situation might be a little to big for Eason, he made the not popular call, but one I can live with. I do expect him to play.

I am tired of reading about how Lambert won 10 games last year. Yeah, and let me guess, Peyton was the reason the broncos won the Super Bowl last year. Or the fact he only threw 2 picks. Also, a ignorant stat to throw out IMO if you actually watched all the UGA games last year. He could have easily thrown 4 in the mizzou game alone.

With all that being said, I do expect him to play well. Reason is this, Jim Chaney. When Chaney took over at ut, there was a qb named Crompton. Very similar to Lambert. Had some tools, but never could put it together. Have some friends that are ut fans, and they had already thrown in the towel on the kid. Long story short, he ended up having a helluva game against the Dawgs, had a nice year, and I believe he ended up getting a shot in the NFL. I am hoping Chaney has the same type of impact. He is extremely good at putting his players in a position to succeed.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds