Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #74144 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
And this . . . . LimeyDawg, you have said some things recently that have moved me my friend.

Will stop with this copy. Hope that my point is understood, and it relates to what LimeyDawg said above, more or less. Let us appreciate the "real" and recognize the "stuff".

Jesse Outlar and Erskine Russell were my heroes.

April 14, 2011

Don't get the Atlanta newspapers in our area anymore. Probably just as well as most of the writers like Jesse Outlar are gone. He is a member of a vanishing breed that made newspapers popular. He was always a wonderful read. He has been and will be missed. Thanks Mr. Outlar for making my morning paper what it once was.

Bill Thompson, Hawkinsville, GA
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #74145 by Buc
Nick carried the ball 7 times in the scrimmage, believe that is right.

Nick Chubb is a special football player and I believe an even better human being . . . . if that is possible.

One of the first members on Dawgs.com that told the rest of us that Nick Chubb is a special person was totally spot on. Dawg With Style was talking about Nick Chubb before many of us knew his name.

Looking back . . . . High School . . . .

www.hudl.com/video/3/1636040/5721b651b019261f80ad2fbc

2015 Season UGA . . . .

2016 . . . . Looking forward to his healthy return. Never gets old watching film of Nick.

UGA and UNC, getting closer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 8 months ago #74146 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
The truly amazing thing about NC he just goes out

Puts his work....and talks less....leadership by example

Nobody in any sport outworks NC.. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #74147 by Buc
yankeedawg1, this old dawg believes our offensive line is going to be a bit better than 2015. Read an article where the top 50 offensive lines were rated . . . . again that comes from personal opinions at the pay site. Or should say requests to pay site.

Moving on, Georgia supposedly has the 15th best offensive line in 2016, D1 football. UNC rated higher. Interesting.

Along with Nick Chubb we have another better than good back, Sony Michel. He has the cast off and trying to get well "quickly" and return to playing football.

These two young pups are this for sure . . . . team mates. Both pull for each other, both will make the NFL happy at some point.

Another name that DWS brought to Dawgs.com is DEQUARTAVIOUS “TAE” CROWDER. Pays to "listen" to members that know what they see and understand. Have mentioned a time or two that I believe "Tae" will be used by this group of coaches. Too much of "overlooking" players with great talent for the past x number of years.

Tae Crowder reminds me of Jalen Hurd that plays for Tennessee. Tae has all of the physical God given tools body wise, believe it to be getting familiar with "Saturdays in the SEC", and running behind a "solid" offensive line. Still believe our offensive line is going to out perform many of our recent offensive lines.

Our center, Kublanow #54 is a serious "bad ass", also believe this year he will shine and aside from his real estate talents, he will play in the NFL. Yep, said that. This young man reminds me of Ben Jones that was drafted by Houston.

Remember this after the Tech game?

This is what Smart and Company "want". :whistle:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 8 months ago #74148 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Buc... Both lines will pleasantly surprise....

School had first classes. Rush week ....Milledge is looking

Fine.... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, LimeyDawg

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 8 months ago #74149 by Buc
Looking at the talent remaining in Athens, talent in the 2016 group, and now the 2017 commits.

Started to go into detail, but . . . .

The new group of coaches and a couple that remain from the last group have done a remarkable job.

These young pups get a year or two under their belts, going to take some very good teams to win against them. Defense is going to be stronger than ever. Offense same.

Some of the folks that write for a living are saying a lot of things, like this season being really good. Not going to argue that, believe we are a team in 2016 that teams on our schedule are not sure exactly where UGA is overall, what to do with this group.

Get to 2017, that could be real interesting, will be. More experience and . . . . bigger bodies along with solid coaching . . . . there will be a lot of media chatter prior to 2017 Season.

Lot of “stuff” about the previous coach and his 10 game win seasons. Not a lot is said about the teams the past x number of years that crawled our butts. Still having a serious problem with the gators on a winning streak of two(2) against us.

Kirby Smart and his staff know exactly what has to be done, and little doubt, they are currently putting in the hours needed to erase many of the past mistakes.

This comment will stick with me for a long time, maybe forever . . . . Last head coach said that he had not “coached” for a long time in Athens. Now in South Florida, he is ready to coach again.

I like where we are for this reason, or one of the reasons . . . . Kirby Smart hit the ground running, that will not stop. Say again, Kirby Smart knows what has to be done, and how to do it. Even at halftime. Yes that was a shot over the bow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds