Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #74132 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
There comes a time when those in the know express their views about SEC Football East.

Today and many days I read that Tennessee will win the East side of the SEC.

Tennessee no doubt has talent. Take that a step forward.

Anyone that believes that the gators are a "roll over" are in for a big surprise. gators beating Tennessee, would not surprise me.

Yes, I said that. Live in Florida and hear and see many things that those outside the State of Florida do not see or hear.

Very important that Kirby Smart is our head coach. If not . . . . if the previous head coach had remained . . . . it would be like Richt vs urban meyer, not a pretty picture.

gators, say it again, not a roll over, not by a long shot. Every season they will get better. Lots of talent in the Sunshine State. McElwain is the real deal. I am here (Florida) and I know what I see and hear.

Smart and Company need to close our borders. It will be hard to continue to bring top players from the Sunshine State.

Not preaching "gloom and doom", just try to call it like it is.

East side of the SEC will be very strong in a "short time". West side of the SEC understand that the East side has some serious coaches.

Anyone that believes Vanderbilt and Kentucky are "bottom feeders", take the "blinders" off, they are to be taken seriously.

Just talking about football folks, know what "I" see and "I" am pretty close to the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #74133 by Buc
Question is asked on the internet sites . . . . "What is Georgia getting in Maurice Smith"?

Speak for myself, only thing I can do . . . .

Young man is coming to Athens, understands what Kirby and Mel's defense is . . . . does not have to go through "stuff". He is ahead of the game, as a player.

Maurice played on "Special Teams" in Tuscaloosa. Not only played . . . . "performed" at a "high level". That is what Kirby is looking for, "Leadership".

Can produce many posts about "Leadership" on Dawgs.com that appeared here prior to Kirby Smart being named Head Coach. Means a lot to the members here. Most of the "Leadership" talk was on the Blue Plate Special, provided every Friday by yankeedawg1.

Going to make this post short . . . . Kirby Smart is all about "Leadership". Anyone/coach/player that does not understand "Leadership" will have a hard time playing or being on the sidelines as a coach on Saturdays in Athens.

If you do not see the "change" . . . . hard for me to lead you through the abyss.

Enjoy so much this site. As LimeyDawg said, pretty good place to take a look at the "real UGA Football Team" and "those" that "understand" the Red and Black. Hard to "hate" someone that is so involved and wants us to improve. LimeyDawg is about "improvement".

:)

More
7 years 8 months ago #74134 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Exactly Buc....improvement....practice to practice and game to game

Move the pile,,,,,don't stand in place.,,,,find ways to get

Better......truth...... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 8 months ago #74135 by Buc
In the video below, Coach Smart puts it out there. An interesting minute mark in the video (5:00 MM) offensive line question from reporter is answered by Kirby. ;)

More
7 years 8 months ago #74136 by Buc
One of the outstanding features that Kirby Smart possesses is being able to communicate with the press. Prior to his arrival the press conferences were not handled the same way Kirby does. Pressers before . . . . the coach would often have to ask Claude Felton for answers. Often a beat reporters question would be referred to Felton and was often said to do so at the end of the presser.

Just another area of a head coach doing his job. Kirby Smart is all about changing football in Athens, had said so and it is becoming clearer as his time now spent in Athens as the head coach, Kirby is covering all areas concerned with what he has been asked to, and he is giving more and that has quickly become a "pattern".

Will UGA get better, I would bet yes. Will UGA win a National Championship soon, I don't know. Will UGA win a SEC Championship soon, do not know that either. I know this, UGA is definitely on a "different course". Much different than before the last head coach was here, and that was 15 years. Prior to that, football seasons speak for themselves.

There is hope.

:)

More
7 years 8 months ago #74137 by Buc
Below is an article that I feel pretty much tells anyone who will listen . . . . UNC is beginning to become more than a basketball university.

Fedora is a good head coach. Like Chizik or not, good defensive coordinator, understands defense. Auburn thought that Chizik was the problem and fired him. They went with Chizik's recruits and hired Gus Malzahn to become their leader. What Auburn had when Chizik and Malzahn were together was a player that any offensive coordinator or head coach could win with . . . . Cam Newton.

I am not one that thinks Smart and Company are taking the UNC football team lightly. Not Smart and Company's style. Their backgrounds point to that FACT.

sports.yahoo.com/news/fedora-tar-heels-a...41--ncaaf.html?nhp=1

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds