Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

7 years 8 months ago #74117 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Much needed rain came this week to the Classic City. Practice wasn’t effected that much…. A very good thing

Warning….. the following is a rant…..YD1 has his rant pants on…

Not that we needed conformation but Pouty Towers is a …
Triple AAA -1 Certified Nut case….. proof you can’t fix stupid imho…

He has been in south Florida reporting on MR and his new coaching job at the “U”
Maybe his coworkers paid for the trip just to get his sorry butt out of town for awhile….

His August 9th report opens with the following…

I don’t get it… I just don’t understand Georgia fans-

Pouty… you never have written a more truthful statement…

He goes on… and I’m convinced it’s a vocal minority –who seem to pitch a fit every

time I or somebody else associated with covering the Bulldogs write something about MR.

I am sure many here read the same litter box filler that I have …… written by Chirping Chip…

But he has pushed me to my limit…..

Vocal minority….. horse hockey…..

Pull your head out of your butt stack Pouty ..just when does 93K at a G-game reflect a minority….

In your mind 92k went for the rapper concert….

I understand that you are the spokesperson for all the bleeding hearts that feel we have taken a path to doom and destruction for our football program….

Give it a rest until the season is over…. And all the good and bad can be weighed ……

Before leaving south Florida…. stop by the Miami Herald office and drop off your resume…. Please….

Just to be clear… I wish MR much success and thank him for his years of service here in Athens….good health and blessings to him and his family…..

The Future is in CKS hands…. Getting close to kickoff to a new season and era….

Buc… read write up were CJC was speaking about a OL named IW and how he was a offensive weapon… think back how you were out in front on how just how good a player we had in him.. spot on….

Rant is..over…. pants back on a hanger and put away ……shorts and a T..weekend gear….

Getting ready for grill testing this weekend… tailgate practice
Working on menu….something that works with cold beer..

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week..

As always “Go Dawgs” Just 22 days to rumble time !!!!

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 8 months ago #74121 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Very thoughtful rant yd1, getting real tired of reading anything pouty scribbles myself.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 8 months ago #74122 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
yankeedawg1, just reminded myself to never ever piss you off.

Also, find it interesting that Pouty had to fly to Miami to come up with what he calls sports reporting.

Have been a harsh critic of Mark Richt's coaching, not the family. There are some members on this board that have been a lot tougher on Richt than myself. They have been silent for a while.

Allow me this . . . . Our coaches just flipped a young man that had committed to South Carolina. Bet this, Muschamp wanted this young man, not a doubt in my mind. Rated 3 star, pleeease. There is another video of Devonte Wyatt running 4.6 forty.

Flip side of Wyatt changing his mind, shows the talent that Muschamp is looking at for the Gamecocks. Believe Muschamp will do well in Columbia. Folks in that part of the country will accept his style of coaching. Kirby knows what to expect. Another good reason to have a new coaching staff in Athens.

n.rivals.com/content/prospects/181125

Enjoyed the read immensely. :)

More
7 years 8 months ago #74123 by Buc
What the heck . . . . :)

More
7 years 8 months ago #74124 by Buc
Something to think about, I do . . . .

Georgia opens against North Carolina . . . . SEC vs ACC

Auburn opens against Clemson . . . . SEC vs ACC

Ole Miss opens against FSU . . . . SEC vs ACC

It was time for 93,000+ UGA FANS and the thousands outside Sanford Stadium to not only back Kirby Smart and his wish for a full house . . . . the message was sent to those on Mahogany Row that it was/is time to recognize just what the FAN Base is demanding.

Smart & Company understand. Recruiting was a serious priority, at this time we are ranked #4 in the country. That can change, up or down, but one thing is for sure . . . . This group of coaches and the support staff are doing a “great job” getting many high school players not only from Georgia but other states to take a look. Can’t ask for much more than that.

Some not unlike myself had gotten to the point that every football season was predictable. Much like our offensive play calls for a long time. Admit it . . . . if you are reading this post, you knew what was coming next on the offensive side of the ball somewhere around 90% of the time. Open for disagreement . . . . 80% of the time. Will not budge further.

Started this with SEC vs ACC. Reason . . . . ACC is no longer lingering. FSU has a recent Natty. Clemson just blew past our last group of coaches (not all) at the starting line. Clemson scared the “spit” out of Alabama, Nick Saban and Kirby Smart in the National Championship Game.

Yes, it was time for the Red and Black to hire a “group” that “understands” what UGA FANS have “wanted” for a long time.

For those out there that are waiting, hiding in the bushes, ready to “pounce” on Head Coach Kirby Smart . . . . there are those of us that are ready to prove you don’t “understand” what I believe is the “Miracle in Athens” that occurred with a “hiring and a firing”.

Never been one to predict a season record. This is my sincere hope . . . . Be competitive. Competitive is a huge word and our group of coaches "understand" the full meaning. Not sure the word was applied for many years.

Getting real close to Atlanta and UGA vs UNC. Should be a great opener.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 8 months ago #74125 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
What a great post Buc, and 93000 showing up for a practice game should be proof enough what the UGA fans are hungry for.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds