Forum

A Lot of Talk/Thoughts

7 years 10 months ago #73812 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic A Lot of Talk/Thoughts
Yeah, the members of Dawgs.com led the change in the Classic City. I am glad I could help.

What happened with the last HC was typical of a stagnant company. New guy comes in, coach or player, and the corporate 'mindset' eventually takes control. Change averted by the people protecting their job. New guy gets depressed and looks for new work.

Now we have real change in the field house, top to bottom. All looking very good.

Yep, I am a happy Dawg.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73813 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic A Lot of Talk/Thoughts
Welcome D'Antne Demery.

www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/b...a-in-exclusive-video

Edit . . . .

Will probably Edit this thread and post(s) several times. Have some things that I want to reflect on. If I bore you . . . . It is what it is . . . . ;)

“In the SEC and in college football, you can’t have enough offensive linemen,” John Theus told SEC Country at the NFL Scouting Combine. “That’s a big part of college football. The more competition you breed, the better players you’ll breed. It has been something we have struggled with. Thank God for the past couple of years that we have stayed healthy, but in the SEC, you cannot have enough depth.”

Copied the above from this article a while back. A subject that has been talked about on Dawgs.com for a long time. Seems the "Tide has turned" . . . . meaning . . . . Smart and Company are in Athens now, many changes, needed changes such as D"Antne Demery choosing UGA.

www.seccountry.com/georgia/former-georgi...-has-been-a-struggle

Understanding more and more why Arkansas head coach and players did not want to lose Coach Sam Pittman.

Edit #2 . . . . Another look :)

www.scout.com/college/football/recruitin...mery-is-a-dawg?s=135
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73814 by Buc
Another article that I think fits here.

Copied the bold/italics from the article. Not often do folks want to admit to the possibility they were not 100% correct. Admire folks that are capable of doing that.

Richt apologists like myself would claim that Georgia isn't a state you can dominate. It's too big, I would say. Too many schools have made the state too big of a priority.

Kirby Smart is making us all rethink those excuses.

247sports.com/Bolt/Smart-doing-what-Richt-never-could-45817656

Mentioned above in another post that those who were saying UGA made a mistake in releasing Mark Richt are on the decline.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73815 by Buc
There are always conversations about early commits. Changing their minds and of course having teenage fun with the media, coaches and fans.

That however every university is faced with.

Glad to see early commits to UGA, especially the number of commits rated highly and those that seem to leave the State of Georgia and wear others colors when the final signature is in.

Feel better for this reason . . . . Several of the commits are approaching Athens in a different way. I believe that to be the quality of those recruiting for Smart and Company proving that there is another approach to the "recruiting game".

Alabama and LSU high school players are hard to move out of state, that is a good thing. Say that for this reason . . . . Believe that the beginning of that happening in Georgia has started. Say that for this reason . . . . the "new commits" say so.

The 2017 commits almost to a player say the same thing . . . . they want to play for championships. I buy into what this group has to say. I also believe that the talent in Athens now, 2016, have the ability to play serious SEC football.

Go Dawgs :)

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73816 by Buc
Another good read in my opinion.

Copied this paragraph from the article below.

“Coach Pittman was one of the big reasons I chose Georgia,” said Demery. “He always stayed in touch with me and always was there for me. I also talked to Coach Smart a lot at camps and on the phone. I feel like I’m joining a great staff at Georgia.”

www.bulldawgillustrated.com/big-man-deme...-2017-signing-class/

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73817 by Buc
From where I sit, everyone of those that have signed on with UGA believe that the "PAST IS THE PAST".

Will not sort through that comment, if it is not understood, my bet is this . . . . you have been hanging around with those that are after "clicks".

Read every media and blog, everyday.

Truth is here, but be forewarned . . . . Dawgs.com is a reading board for the most part. Nothing wrong with that. Seems some are not "retired" and cannot find their way to post.

Bet this . . . . When Fall Camp starts, many opinions will find their way to this board. Many of the opinions will be spot on, and of course there will be the "others".

I find this interesting about Dawgs.com. Outside "traffic" seems to find its way to "other sites". Everyone is welcome here, but "those" with simple minds and living in the "past" often post "once or twice" and leave. I like that. ;)

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds