Forum

A Lot of Talk/Thoughts

7 years 10 months ago #73842 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic A Lot of Talk/Thoughts
Buc,

Sony is definitely a star, and impressed me with his grit when it was all on his back. But there was something about Chubb's determination that settled on those around him. Need his leadership on the field.

Thanks for grabbing all the links you do... young punter looked very smooth and able to ignore pressure. Think we'll see him help the team.

Do you think pundits are underestimating the D? I hear the stuff about the line, etc, but seem to recall what CJP did with "less than stellar" talent. Expect CKS and CMT do put on a clinic in D coaching.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #73843 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic A Lot of Talk/Thoughts
Rockdawg, I remain impressed with Jeremy Pruitt's time in Athens. Pruitt recognized that a "face lift" was needed and he wasted little time getting started.

Saying that, takes me back immediately to Greg McGarity being totally ticked at Pruitt for "venturing out". Mark Richt did his usual thing when he needed to step up, entered his "silent mode".

Smart and Company are getting some benefits that I truly believe Pruitt left behind. While Kirby and his group have a lot to do, they are not starting out the same way Pruitt did. Pruitt let it be known from the beginning practice that the "old way" of doing things on the defense were over. Did not take the players long to get the message. A lot of the Pruitt way of coaching actually trickled over to the offense.

I believe this to be true.

Once Greg McGarity realized that the FANS were with Pruitt and his way of coaching and "telling it like it is", McGarity started to think about job protection. While that might have crossed his mind before, much like the years under Richt, he and others thought this "little uprising" would go away. Mahogany Row has operated on that principle forever, again way before Mark Richt.

Will try and prove my point this way . . . . Mahogany Row could in an instant say repair the urinals in Sanford Stadium. McGarity dances around issues such as these. Claims he reads "some" of his emails . . . . apparently "some" do not include the powder keg that AJC King blew the cap off.

As always Rockdawg, tend to dance when typing, many thoughts still cross through many years in my head wanting stability in our program. That as you know takes a "Team Effort" and the Team is made up of more than the on field coaches.

Smart and Company will build on the short time improvement that Jeremy Pruitt made.

I also believe that those above Kirby Smart understand that he is in no way going to conduct business the same way as coaches and administrators did before him. Kirby Smart is a standup guy. Kirby was tough to begin with, then fortune crossed his path, left coaching in Athens behind and grew leaps and bounds under Nick Saban.

Georgia Football now has a real chance to be all that we want it to be.

Damn right, Go Dawgs :)

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73845 by Buc
Have watched many backs come through Athens, can honestly repeat what you said above Rockdawg . . . . there is this "thing" about Chubb that carries over to the rest of the team. Really appreciated the way Gurley returned to Athens and showed support for both Marshall and Chubb.

When Kirby is told that Chubb is ready to return, Kirby and the offensive coaches will not hesitate. Chubb is a special human being, cares for his family, community and his teammates. From all I have read and can gather, Chubb is ready. Said before, would love to see him 100% first off when he is in the huddle. Second wish . . . . 110% if that were possible for Tennessee.

Still believe that our offensive line in 2016 will be better than many lines before them. Also believe that some of the newer players are going to see a lot of playing time. Will always be hard to beat a team that has depth, and Smart and Company are steadily doing that on both sides of the ball.

This defense is loaded with linebackers and defensive ends. If we can stop some of the up the gut dives, could be a very exciting 2016. Say again, I am excited, more so than I can remember.

You and I both know that some of the media folks like to "mess" with fans. Many, probably most have never played one snap when real football was being played.

Add this, the players need to get to know . . . . the coaches below, even more so than they have to this point. Much of the outcome of the 2016 Season depend on the three and others in the S&C area(s).

Attachments:

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73846 by Buc
Hope this comes off right . . . . It will be a good day for UGA Football when we can create a recruiting situation that many young hopefuls are faced with now when trying to get into an Alabama uniform.

Have to win the "Big Games" not the "walkovers". I truly believe the process is underway in Athens. Hard work from our leader will have a huge effect on players and FANS.

Copied the two paragraphs below from the article listed below.

Warner took an unofficial visit to Alabama in April, but he hasn’t heard from the Crimson Tide recently.

“From my understanding they are kind of full on linebackers,” Warner said. “I am still interested but maybe a little less than other schools.”

www.dawgnation.com/football/leonard-warner

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73848 by Buc
Food for thought . . . .

Doing nothing more with this post than saying "possible"?

Brice Ramsey was heavily recruited by Mike Bobo. Bobo in town and had some comments about Brice and his talents.

Remembering that Faton Bauta left Athens to get playing time. Playing time under Mike Bobo, and Bobo suggested that Faton Bauta is in the mix big time.

What prevents Brice Ramsey looking at the current collection of players at his chosen position and thinking his chances of playing elsewhere could be what he needs to do.

If Faton Bauta starts for Bobo this season, he is one and done. Seems to me that leaves an opening for another quarterback that Bobo is very familiar with.

Media pointing in a different direction, maybe that is what leads me to counter what they "suggest" might happen in Athens with Brice Ramsey.

I would not rule this out folks. If I were Brice Ramsey, would consider the move without a second thought. Media can say all they want, too many players that have moved on from college football speak openly about who will play in Athens.

Going to be tough for Brice Ramsey to get a lot of playing time. If he were head and shoulders above the group in Athens, that is one thing. He was replaced by the quarterback from Virginia . . . . Brice Ramsey was a step above Faton Bauta when both were in Athens. If Brice is a better all around player than Faton, seems to me that Mike Bobo would welcome him moving to Colorado.

Just rolling "stuff" around . . . .

Go Dawgs :)

EDIT . . . .

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73849 by Buc
Probably most have read the article below.

One of the reasons I posted the above thought, more or less agreeing with what was said. Hines Ward for sure knows Jacob Eason has the tools to play the position. Hines played the position in high school and college, has a very good understanding what it takes to call the signals.

I am not against Brice Ramsey, just do not have the feeling that he is going to be the quarterback for the next couple of years. Jake Fromm will wear the Red and Black, and there is a quarterback that plays the position in high school, Cartersville that "might" end up in Athens. Currently rated #1 in the country.

Believe that Brice Ramsey would be a huge addition to Bobo's team in Colorado. Anyone that has played the game understands wanting to play. Apparently Faton Bauta had/has those feelings. Would love to see Faton win the starting job in Colorado. He was/is one of my favorites of all time.

I do not believe that politics will enter into Smart and Company's mind when it comes to who starts. Totally do not buy into that.

Brice, think hard about this. Just how cool would it be for Faton Bauta to start this season and then Brice Ramsey after sitting, taking over. All things are possible, have only to believe.

www.dawgnation.com/football/hines-ward-a...gh-in-on-jacob-eason

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds