Forum

A Lot of Talk/Thoughts

7 years 10 months ago #73806 by Buc
A Lot of Talk/Thoughts was created by Buc
Think it is high time that Dawgs.com patted itself on the back.

Have spent a lot of time looking at the different sites and comments about UGA Football, needs and overall “whatever”.

Mentioned earlier on our board that it appears many sites were finally focusing on the offensive line.

Find it somewhat amusing when I look at the comments now and the comments dating back a while. Remembering the media not mentioning a “single word” when an offensive lineman was offered a scholarship. If it happened to be a quarterback or running back, copy flowed from the typewriters (?) computers (?) explaining just how good UGA would perform in the SEC.

Offensive Coordinator and Offensive Line Coach . . . . “recent hires” are not falling all over themselves to sit with the media. Both of these coaches are all about “football” . . . .

Will say this, we (UGA) have had more than one very good offensive line coach in the past fifteen years. Not to beat the drum too “loudly”, does point up a problem . . . . JMHO, or JMO.

Goes backs to putting the pieces of the puzzle in the right place. That has not changed since my childhood. When leaders (?) are making enormous salaries coaching (?) college football, they have to make the pieces “fit” or . . . . they move to Florida and are paid the same money. Sorry, do not buy into that.

Just how far are we (UGA) away from becoming recognized as a top ten team? There is not a single person that can put their finger on where or “if” UGA Football finds a foothold with the “elite” in college football. Question that . . . . When was the last time we participated in a “major bowl”?

Nick Saban, urban meyer and others have moved their teams so far ahead of UGA, and yes it makes me sick to my stomach.

Much of where this “chirp” started . . . . Something in Athens has not smelled right too long. A simple thing or not so simple thing . . . . putting together the right coaching talent to “fit” the enormous “talent” that Alabama and Florida and others year after year have “removed” from the Peach State.

While some are still “bleeding hearts”, that seems to be on the decline from where I sit.

Crossed fingers for a certain offensive lineman hitching up with UGA tomorrow 6/15/2016. Would hate to see the young pup go elsewhere. If he signs on with us (UGA) the Bulldog Nation will hear those in Florida shouting at the top of their/our lungs.

Yes, Head Coach Kirby Smart understands. I firmly believe what the Bulldog Nation is on board with was the need for change. “Some of that has been accomplished”.

Go Dawgs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73807 by growl
Replied by growl on topic A Lot of Talk/Thoughts
Buc, Dawgs.com banged that drum very loud and now it is beginning to take effect.

Wonder how long its going to take before someone else decides that they were the one, and takes credit. We all will know the truth!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73808 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic A Lot of Talk/Thoughts
Chief, I still marvel at what AM did in Athens.

Not the easiest thing to do . . . . look back and comment on what AM did is not "understood", by some. Some being the "bleeding hearts" that still hang their hats on Mark Richt and his coaching record.

This is what this old goat "wishes" for.

We have solid talent in Athens, both coaches and players, finally.

Comes down to this . . . . Head Coach Kirby Smart and his group understand what has been missing in Athens.

OK, fair question . . . . Why do I say that Smart and Company understand?

Would answer the above question with a question.

Why have we (UGA) been through so many coaches under the Mark Richt rule, and . . . . play football in places like Memphis and Orlando and . . . . Fill in the damn blanks.

So . . . . I read much of what the "bleeding hearts" have to say, but truly, puts a smile on my face . . . . something like this . . . . :) :) :) :) :) . . . . Five (5) Stars ***** for those that have been "lost" since when . . . . ?

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73809 by Buc
DAWGtm, said it before, say it again . . . . you are one that has been close to the "chatter" about the offensive line.

Appears to me that we finally have what is needed to make some of us "happy campers".

I read where the Vols are coming to Athens to kick our butts. Could be . . . . If we think along those lines.

Have read where Butch Jones says that his defense cannot be scored on with regularity. Only thing in the last line that he did not say . . . . did not use the word "regularity". Say this . . . . Tennessee playing Florida . . . . we will see. Not sold on the "experience factor" that is being promoted for the "Checker Boards".

Amazing how much . . . . "or little" the media is right when predicting football outcomes, especially SEC football. They get paid to "stir".

Bet this . . . . This 2016 Offensive Line will "compete". Running game will come alive much better than previous years. What the heck . . . . might find holes, "not make holes".

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73810 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic A Lot of Talk/Thoughts
What gets my blood pumping is how top recruits are feeling it in Athens. Do believe fall camp will be something to see.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73811 by Buc
For the first time in a long time it appears that we have offensive coaches on the same page. Lots of new faces on that side of the ball.

Previously when a new hire came to Athens, seems there was always talk about what, when and "if".

Chaney and Pittman to start with . . . .

These two coaches arrive in Athens and are on the same page from the get go. Not only are they making changes to the young men that are on campus, meaning what position they will line up at. These two coaches are so far ahead of where I believe we have been . . . . ever.

Offensive Line Coach Sam Pittman is preparing for several years down the road. That is building our team from the ground up. Does not appear to me that coaching in Athens is chasing it's tail as has been the method in the past.

Kirby Smart was actually blunt when he arrived. Let it be known that our program was going to change. Thus far I see a lot of "change". Prior to Smart and Company, we were very predictable, both on and off the field. Many of us had grown tired of the "wait until next year". Like a pair of old shoes, comes a time when they get tossed and replaced with a "fresh new smell".

Mentioned a while back that I keep my eyes on the "U". The leadership there has changed their tactics considerably since their coaching days in Athens. They are trying hard to paint a new picture . . . . of themselves.

Mike Bobo and Will Friend got the message early and departed. They knew that "change" was inevitable in Athens. Was not talked about openly, but they knew.

Jumping around as I usually do DAWGtm, same as you, my blood gets/is pumping with what I see not only for 2016 Season . . . . finally see a game plan that is based on "out reach". Like the coaches that are "reaching out". Fan approval will reach much further than the "welcome home" that has been front and center since Smart and Company arrived. Don't hear a lot of "smack" from those that were against the "change(s)". An occasional fan that wants to live in the past, just takes some longer than others.

Growl, for sure we know the "truth".

Edit . . . . If you haven't read this article, might want to take a look. Coach Sam Pittman is very involved.

www.fieldstforum.com/2016/06/15/uga-recr...4-offensive-lineman/

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds