Forum

A Lot of Talk/Thoughts

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73830 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic A Lot of Talk/Thoughts
In case some have forgotten the "Bobo Way" . . . . Post #73829 was only recalling what "Fans" and "Media" had to say about Mike Bobo's coaching and play calling overall.

Mike Bobo was not a mystery in the SEC. For those that want to be nice, I suggest . . . . Bobo and Richt return. A show of hands would be appreciated.

Read the comments section, notice that Kimberley Nash and others had something to say.

Could post "many" other articles that call it like it "was". Probably do not need to do that.

www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/9...-damn-ball-mike-bobo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73831 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic A Lot of Talk/Thoughts
Been very impressed with the following so far:

1. Finishing 2016 recruiting
2. Jumping all over 2017 and out year recruiting
3. Handling problems with minimal fuss and headlines
4. Focus on building for winning

Would not be surprised to see this team over-perform this year, and surprise a few pundits. There is a load of talent - just needs the dedication and loyalty that only a great leader can inspire. CKS looks like he is on the way. We'll see. I do not envy him - first loss, and lots of moaning about how CMR would have won "that" game.

Suspect he understands that, and is looking for winners among the players. Big reason to get Chubb back - never seen him give up. He is the kind of leadership we need on the field.

Throw Eason in the deep end. Can't learn to swim on the sidelines. Excited too to see more good QBs looking this way. We got complacent with AM and did not go get the next big thing until after he was gone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
7 years 10 months ago #73832 by Buc
Good "stuff" rockdawg.

Add a thing or two . . . .

Sony Michel I believe has been "maybe" a little overlooked. That is not pointed at you. By no means. Sony is going to blow the doors off this 2016 Season. Know for a fact that the coaches plan to use his "hands" in the new offense. Sony can and will catch the football.

Know a few folks at American Heritage, his high school, matter of fact a very good friend of my daughter was hired this week to teach there. My daughter has been approached to do same.

On board with your comment about 2016 slipping up on some of the "pundits". This is a good group of players that simply need "direction". Missing element in Athens for x number of years. Too many players were "allowed" to remember they were BMOC in high school. Those days are gone forever. They are now in Colorado and South Miami. Could not let that pass.

Do not believe or have not spoken to anyone that is releasing "information" from this group of coaches. That was not the case before 2016. Kirby Smart has a firm hand and he hired a group that he believes in. This old dawg is on board.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73833 by Buc
Remember this . . . . Stubborn will get you no where. Richt/Bobo played a game for too long and . . . . got away with it.

Bobo said he takes responsibility for the game. Coach speak. For the bleeding hearts, reflect on this conversation.

As rockdawg said, "we" understand that "you" are waiting for "your" chance to pounce. "We" look forward to your "stuff".

Might want to take "Class 101" in SEC Football preparation. Much different than Colorado and now Miami.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73834 by Buc
Has been mentioned often on this board the need to have a kicking game. That would be kicking and punting.

Kirby understands that.

I am one that believes the game between Georgia and Tennessee will come down to the kicking/punting game.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73835 by Buc
Does not take a lot to excite me, especially when I think the direction is right.

Another area that we have never been up to speed on is our "Special Teams". Never suggests a long time, so I will say this . . . . been a while since I have seen "serious" attention paid to "Special Teams". Anyone that would like for Buc to post the previous chatter on "Special Teams", willing to do that. Yes, I am armed. I look over a lot of videos and I "cringe".

Hard for this old dawg to understand what is wrong with punting the bad guys into a place on the field that requires them to "adjust" their play calls. We (UGA) have been paying the price for too long not having a grip on "Special Teams".

Do we not understand "field position"? That is for those that watch the past 15 years to decide. I wager that our football team was lost. We get another look in 2016 . . . . I sincerely hope that it is a "fresh look" that erases the past.

Smart and Company bring a punter to Athens that "routinely" has a "hang time" that is so much better than so many that suggest yards on a punt. Hang time most of us know is the "deciding factor" when we see fumbles and mistakes made by the receiving team. When the "Bad Boys" are close, changes the way the punt is received. Mark Richt never understood that along with "other things" that win football games.

www.hudl.com/athlete/4808754/highlights/311931380

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds