Forum

A Lot of Talk/Thoughts

7 years 10 months ago #73818 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic A Lot of Talk/Thoughts
Another look . . . . Sam's name came up again.

Whether we read or post, is there not something different going on with Smart and Company?

Sam Pittman's name, and not to forget others continue to make impressions on our in state talent. What has changed? Is it the difference in the "Head Coach position"?

I will remember this . . . . Every coach on Kirby's staff were hired by Kirby.

247sports.com/Bolt/Dawgs-get-big-commitm...m-Top247-OT-45814351
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73819 by Buc
Sam, Sam, Sam . . . .

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73820 by Buc
Any doubts that the defensive line will improve with young men that Coach Sam Pittman is bringing to Athens?

Not for a minute do I believe that Tracy Rocker will "allow" the defensive line to be pushed around.

These players are going to be good friends "after practice". While they are on the practice field . . . . no limits.

Folks, believe we are "growing up".

Took many years to "understand". That is why some sit on Mahogany Row and others come to Athens from "elsewhere" and we see a difference immediately.

Smart and Company have no room for "Bleeding Hearts". That group left the Peach State for the Sunshine State.

Ever ask yourself this question . . . .

Why did the University of Georgia release a head coach that had a winning percentage over 15 years? Those that "know" understand that many of the "W's" were there for the "Bleeding Hearts" to keep a grip on. Bottom line means a lot to the Mahogany Row. FACT.

How we doing on the "pissers" Greg?

Anyone want to "bail out" on Smart and Company?

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73821 by Buc
There is no way that any of us that live and die with college football that can make the “claims” that the media does.

Will point this out, and maybe(?) move on.

Those that are supposed to be all that when rating high school football players, first off, have an inside to a large group that play both in state and out of state. Many of these folks “copy” what “they” hear. Most that want to charge for their services have never, ever had their hands in the “dirt”.

Ever sit down and chat with those that think they understand “talent”, especially when rating those coming out of high school? Believe this . . . . 99% of the beat folks that like to think of themselves as “media giants” are writing and playing make believe to so many that understand that “they” are preaching to the choir. Said that.

Moving around a bit.

For the first time that I have been involved with UGA Football, this is the spring board” that I was looking for.

Yes, I understand that there are still some that are “fans” of UGA Football. Would piss me off if those that oppose a very good change did not have a chance to “change”. That is truly a hard thing for “some” to do after they have been wrapped up in their beliefs. Talked about that earlier in this thread.

Comes down to this for the “believers” and those that want the “repeat performance” . . . . x number of wins and getting our butts kicked in Memphis. I remember that.

Yes, Buc is here to “stir things up”. Comes down to this . . . . Anyone reading this thread/post disagree? Easy to sit on the sidelines and talk about what should have been done after the game has been played.

Media calls those folks . . . . “Monday Morning Quarterbacks”.

Allow me this . . . . Those that choose to say the above might want to look at the overall “picture”. Nick Saban has done that, and now “I” believe we have a group that has a game plan. Anyone that reads Dawgs.com understands that many on this board know “something is different in Athens”.

Been around UGA Football for a long spell. Have never been happier with what I see, or as Chief Growl sees going on in the Classic City. There is a "bloodline", and I subscribe to that.

Go Dawgs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73822 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic A Lot of Talk/Thoughts
I was in Memphis and you could feel the air go out of the stadium when we went for 3 instead of going for it on forth down. From that moment on you could tell UCF wanted the win and we didn't care. Biggest difference I see in head coaches is CKS doesn't accept mediocracy in himself or others be it a coach or player and the former one did.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
7 years 10 months ago #73823 by Buc
DAWGtm, there are some stories that can and will be told about UCF and Richt. Choose not to put anything on our players . . . . that was the game that woke me up. Mark Richt was too damn comfortable. Anyone that remembers, download the game and watch the UGA players on the bench.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds