Forum

A Lot of Talk/Thoughts

7 years 10 months ago #73824 by growl
Replied by growl on topic A Lot of Talk/Thoughts
Jeremy Foley retired, Greg Mcgarity needs a bus ticket to Gainesville to apply for the job and go back to Gatorland.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #73825 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic A Lot of Talk/Thoughts
Chief, he is not wanted in Gainesville, for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73826 by Buc
Back to team building again.

Coach Jim Chaney is proving to be what we needed in Athens. We have had all sorts of problems at the quarterback position for x number of years, pick and choose the year(s).

Chaney understands what the “game plan” is in Athens, started the minute Smart was hired and Chaney announced as our offensive coordinator.

Has been said that Jim Chaney utilizes tight ends. We know and Chaney knows that we are solid at that position. We were also told in 2015 that our offensive coordinator utilized tight end play. Check the stats on our tight ends in 2015.

One thing for sure and it is proving to be true right now. Bring a top quarterback in and there will be many receivers, tight ends and backs that sign on.

Come back to this . . . . Smart and Company are building for the now and for the future, especially the future.

Watching the video below, Trevor Lawrence makes all of the throws. Has distance and shows that he has touch. Looking at the video, can only imagine what our recruiting will continue to look like for some time to come. This group of coaches appear to be a solid team and all have bought in to the way Kirby Smart will run the football program.

Trevor Lawrence has not signed on as yet, and will say this, I hope he does. If not, when he does become eligible to move from high school to college, there will be a serious group that will look closely at UGA in 2018.

And this . . . . Trevor Lawrence will be a Junior in high school. Video below Trevor is a Sophomore . . . . Looks as if he could play college ball right now.

Georgia is going to be a tough offense to play against.

One more thing . . . . Like the way Trevor Lawrence will toss the ball to his receivers that are being manned against and trust his receivers to come away with the football. That is not high school football play at the quarterback position. Guess there is a reason that he is rated #1 at his position, regardless of his age.

www.hudl.com/athlete/3937115/highlights/279193383

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73827 by Buc
Recently there was an article that caught my attention. Referred to Georgia finding a suitable replacement for AM.

I really like Jake Fromm, also wears #11. Looking at the two videos below, comparing what I think are the similarities between AM and JF, too many to post.

Alabama wanted Fromm for a reason, not only is he a great athlete, he is very much like Murray, a leader. Written all over Jake.

I don't believe, I "know" that the previous offensive coaches in Athens took much of AM's game away. Know that many on this board remember AM being told not to run with the football.

Also remember AM attending three(3) different camps to improve his quarterback play. Also remember Richt and Bobo sticking their lips out at AM going elsewhere to "learn".

Like it or not, at this point we have two "future" quarterbacks willing to battle for playing time. Soon there could be another in the mix.

I also remember some of the first words out of Kirby Smart's mouth when he arrived in Athens . . . . There will be "competition" at "every" position. That was not "coach speak" that was the truth being told.

Reflecting back at the way our quarterbacks were handled(?), many times chosen for lack of a better word . . . . understanding the position. Seniority a quarterback does not make. I said that, as did others on this board. Bleeding hearts BS.

Offensive Coordinator Jim Chaney will make everyone on the offense compete, I believe that.

Might come a time when players choose to leave for playing time. I say that is a good thing. Means to me that we finally have coaches that will play the best eleven on both sides of the ball. Alabama has been doing that since Nick Saban took over in Tuscaloosa.

Results speak for themselves.

www.hudl.com/athlete/2451321/highlights/315738395

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73828 by Buc
Picked this up from the AJC.

Have mentioned this before, Hines Ward and I played quarterback at the same high school. He was much better.

I also believe that Hines is sincere, not trying to tell those in Athens how to run our football team, as Francis tried to do earlier this year when he was telling the Bulldog Nation that firing Mark Richt was not the right move.

Francis, Francis, Francis . . . . Appears you again stuck your foot in your mouth, not the first time, nor the last.

Also believe that Hines at some point will be heavily involved with Smart and Company. Last paragraph in the article explains. Goes like this . . . .

“Timing is everything,” he said. “Maybe down the road there’ll be an opportunity for me to do something I’ve always wanted to do — to coach back at the University of Georgia.”

www.seccountry.com/georgia/hines-ward-de...ting-to-coach-at-uga

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73829 by Buc
Trying real hard to not be too ugly, have to say this . . . .

After reading the article below, I am glad that we have a new head coach, offensive coordinator and especially glad that the offensive side of the ball will not come up short on recruiting offensive linemen.

Much has been said about Mark Richt's dismissal. Some of us remember Mike Bobo was the offensive coordinator and outside of AM, Bobo in my mind was part of the overall scheme that did not work. Unless we settle for the bowl games we participated in and roughly x number of years that offensive and defensive talent was going elsewhere.

Notice that Bobo was taking pats on the back (indirectly) because Jacob Eason committed to UGA.

Return to Colorado Bobo, competition is not quite as tough in your conference.

Hard feelings? Call it anything one wants to, Mike Bobo was catching heck from the "Bleeding Hearts" while in Athens. Truth.

www.dawgnation.com/football/hines-ward-a...gh-in-on-jacob-eason

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds