Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #73707 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
IMO the 2 generations of clueless ones should have spent time doing public service, military or otherwise. IMO, do two years of military or public service at age 18.

It is not liberal vs. conservative. It is not about the presidential slander fight. It is not about guns. It is not about what the media does to get eyeballs and clicks.

It is about personal responsibility, respect for human life, caring about the world we live in and prosperity for all who work to contribute and achieve a balance in these things.

This weekend is about one thing...those who did not get a chance to live because they put it ALL on the line for their country that does care about these things.
Normandy Memorial. Normandy is also the back ground picture for the site this weekend.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #73709 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
For my dad. He made it back then had to spend his life with PTSD. The VA is still not doing it's job.
Like most WW2 vets he never talked about it.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm, growl

7 years 11 months ago #73714 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
yd1, see where Jake Edwards is leaving UGA. Know that both you and I really liked the young man.

Does go to show that "change" in Athens is occurring. Coach Pittman leaves little doubt about the young men he will recruit.

Jake, wish nothing but the best for you. Hoping that you choose Georgia Southern. You will definitely get playing time in Statesboro. Again, high fives to you young man.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
7 years 11 months ago #73715 by Buc
This paragraph really shows that McGarity is playing a game with UGA Fans dollars. Want to be in the "middle" . . . . explain that bookkeeping to me. Should you not set your costs on UGA needs? Not based on what others are doing.

McGarity used “peer data” to point out that, even after the increases, Georgia remains “sixth to 10th” among SEC schools in ticket costs. He said right around the middle is right about where the Bulldogs want to be, and they’re behind Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, LSU and Texas A&M at the moment.

This is the last paragraph in the article. Chip Towers asked the following question.

So Georgia fans continue to come through for the Bulldogs. The question is, do you feel are they coming through for you?

The article . . . .

www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/to...he-bill-for-football

This is McGarity's way of repaying UGA the $65k that should come from his pocket.

Attachments:

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #73716 by Buc
If you haven't read the article below . . . .

There has been a lot of talk revolving around their program since the Tunsil switch. Think most of us remember that well.

Surprised me the number of Ole Miss folks that were involved in the NCAA charges.

Know this, they signed a young man that I know is totally above board from my area, should would like to see him rethink where he wants to play.

If you want to look a bit closer . . . .

athleticsworking.wp2.olemiss.edu/

www.seccountry.com/mississippi/ncaa-alle...ing-football-program
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 11 months ago #73717 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Steve nice touch with the background wallpaper

Comments...spot on.....l

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg