Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

7 years 10 months ago #73730 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Our new coaching staff is leading the way. Developing young men into adults. Teaching them, showing them, helping them. And laughing along the way.

Does it get any better? Not only are they doing the right things we have hope for the future in winning games. We all have been in limbo for a long time and relief is here.

I like everything that is going on with these changes. Thanks Buc for digging in the details and keeping us informed.

And thank you Kirby Smart for your leadership.

Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73731 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Stevedawg, realize I have more time than other board members . . . . looking at the views, there is little doubt that Dawgs.com is being followed by many that are not members.

You and Growl are so right, we are on a path that most of us have been asking for.

Smart is the coach in a great area for top notch high school football players.

Same goes for Richt. In a great area for top notch high school football players.

In a short time we will see how these two teams are doing. Do not buy into some of the "stuff" that I read about the "U" . . . . many folks in the Peach State will keep their eye(s) on Miami also. Richt was in Athens for 15 years, sometimes hard to "erase everything".

Allow me this when it comes to the last paragraph . . . . Smart and Company have been busy "erasing everything" since their arrival. Fact. Count me in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 10 months ago #73732 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Been pondering comments about how they are going to

Be following the Dawgs more closely this season.

I agree that goes for me also...looking again at the turn out

For this years G-game seems to validate how wide

Reaching the feeling is. Gone our the days of just mailing

In our support.... Say it again. Playing between the

Hedges....means something again....both players and fans

Go Dawgs!!'

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73733 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Buc, add about 10k to the views posted on the page. Our social media and other channel readers are concentrated mostly in the SE USA but we are also are read worldwide since Dawg fans are spread out in the military and other overseas jobs. You would be surprised at all the countries that read. One is China. (!?) Other regions include Europe, the middle east and Oceania.

Its the content that keeps them coming back. No spin, just plain talk. And, of course, the BPS is a favorite.

If that means anything I think we have had a lot of influence in the new direction as the info spreads from fan to fan.

Printed at the top of the page, keyword 'seasoned'.
Dawgs.com Dawg Talk by Seasoned Georgia Bulldog Fans

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

7 years 10 months ago #73734 by Buc
Maybe should not say this but . . . .

Feel the Public Relations Group picked a very opportune time to have Greg McGarity deliver an apology to those that pay his wages yearly.

Very political. Wait for larger stories to hit and then "slide" his "stuff" in.

Larger stories for example . . . . Ole Miss . . . . along with Art Briles and Baylor. Both AD's and University Presidents were aware of the findings way before being released. What say you Jere Morehead?

One million found quickly for a new Field House. Greg, are the urinals still leaking? Why could you not step forward and say . . . . folks the pp on the floor is no more.

Said before will continue to say this . . . . Greg McGarity is not good for our program.

The "only" acceptable reason for McGarity to remain as the Athletic Director . . . . "stay out of the way" not only the football program, the entire sports program at the University of Georgia. How many championships can the AD point to that he is responsible for since 2010? Think about that. I do, often.

Anyone that disagrees, would ask you this question . . . .

Has Greg McGarity proven since 2010 that he is worth over one half million dollars? If so, please point me in that direction. Money in the UGA COFFERS . . . . that was there prior to Greg McGarity.

SEC Network dollars arrived well after McGarity arrived. Just trying to point out the truth. Want to get better in Athens, hire the folks that take into consideration those that pay the bills . . . .FANS.

Promise from me . . . . will not let up on Greg McGarity. Reason? I know that he is like a running back that has a serious problem . . . . fumbles, often.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73735 by Buc
Copied the comments below from another site.

Are people still worked up about this? The puritans need to take a deep breath and go outside and the run back inside to make sure everyone’s using the bathroom that they’d prefer that they’re using. The bottles of wine Ludacris requested were probably just walked down from the Sky Suites, where they are stocked for every football game. What we’re really all up in arms about is the fact that the athletic department had to buy a bowl of condoms. I don’t know if Ludacris had sex in Sanford Stadium or not. I tend to seriously doubt it. I imagine that the performance rider was his boilerplate rider that goes to concert venues where he may be more likely to pick up groupies. Regardless, folks need to get over this one. If we want to be mad at Greg McGarity, we have plenty of reasons that are much more relevant.

To that I insert the "red color" into the paragraph above.

Could not agree more. There are many things that should be looked at under the present Athletic Director. Greg for some reason has this dollars and cents "spit" running through his "lack" of gray matter. Condoms are not the issue, "leadership" is the missing factor.

Again . . . . Give me or show me a "list" of Greg McGarity's accomplishments in Athens . . . . or a list of what McGarity did in Gainesville, Florida that Foley and the administration felt were "accomplishments".

Some lead . . . . some follow. Some never fully grasp that.

You on board with Greg McGarity? You are one half on board of the needed replacement that was needed when Smart and Company arrived.

Purchased your newly priced ticket, sit in your seat and fall in line.

Question . . . .

Think there would have been price changes had Richt and his group remained? Think about that. Mahogany Row could smell the "green" after the 93K arrived at the request of Kirby Smart . . . . not Greg McGarity.

Half way there folks. What say you McGarity?

When was the last time that Greg McGarity's name was mentioned when a 5***** high school football player was on campus . . . . being recruited.

I have a problem when UGA Fans choose to roll with the punches. Time for change, not one half, the whole thing.

If anyone thinks for example that I would not name "more than one" replacement for Athletic Director . . . . try me.

For those that are not members, give it a try, conversation can be had here, pro or con.

Go Dawgs :)

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds