Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

7 years 10 months ago #73745 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Head Coach Kirby Smart in Destin, Florida.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #73746 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
yd1, your post #73736 in this thread is spot on . . . . again.

Excuse me but . . . .

Head problems, entertainment problems, Indoor Practice Facility scheduling problems (years) on the backburner.

Have asked a few times if anyone can point out what Greg McGarity has done to move UGA Sports forward, have yet to get one (1) answer.

Says to me that his hiring was a "good old boy" arrangement.

Many or some articles point to coaching salaries being at an all time high nationwide. Kirby Smart arrived in Athens at a lesser sum than did the outgoing coach.

If it is time in grade, that explains some of the problems we have with "management"(?) in Athens.

Still reading on some sites that it is time to stop the Greg McGarity "bashing"(?). Same folks that could and would still live with and support our previous head coach. Just win 10 or close to 10 games each season, regardless of opponent strength and all will be ok. Many of those folks are the ones that believe every kid on the team, regardless of sport should get a trophy. Then they wonder what happened when the kids grow up and . . . . expect what?

Change in my lifetime has always had a certain amount of trepidation. Remembering at my age this statement from Roosevelt . . . . "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself".

Really need for the "money maker, football program" to be led by someone that can and will live up to Roosevelt's statement above.

We have an answer to that someone, but goes a bit further . . . . it is not Kirby Smart alone, I like to think of it as Smart and Company.

FIRE GREG McGARITY. Bet this, I know many that could put his half million dollars a year to a better use instantly. Bill King's request on urinals would be the "first piece of business".

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds