Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Relationships
You know, it very well could !!

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #7351 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Relationships
miss_uga wrote:

And by the way, Dapolla (and you know I love ya), check this out!! We are both right on the poll question of 1927...go to this address =o) You taught me the other two, though! I didn't know there were any more!!
www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/national_c...esults.php?year=1927

Wow. Very enlightening. Makes me wonder if more than one (!) poll gave us the national championship in 1946. There might be a reason -- credibility or some such -- that UGA only recognizes the Boand and Poling polls for '27, but that's irrelevant. I had no idea about Howell or First And Goal. Thanks!

While Pop Warner was our coach, he also coached Iowa State. Kind of unlikely...also, in his second (and ultimate) year coaching us -- while he was coaching Iowa State -- he led us to our first undefeated (4-0) season and the SIAA Conference title. Now THERE's a guy who deserves to have a youth football league named after him!

More trivia: how did Erk Russell describe Vince Dooley's body english on the sidelines?

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 6 months ago #7360 by miss_uga
Replied by miss_uga on topic Re:Relationships
Sorry, dapolla, but my brain isn't quite functioning to optimal standards today. I'm drawing a blank (possibly because I got robbed yesterday...) I'll let someone else answer that one! And hopefully will be back to Dawg-eopardy sense before long!

• miss_uga
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #7361 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Relationships
Robbed? That's awful! I hope all is well at your house, or if not, that all is at least recoverable. Keep us updated.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 6 months ago #7365 by miss_uga
Replied by miss_uga on topic Re:Relationships
Thanks for the concern, dapolla. They actually were after one particular thing and got it, but it can easily be replaced. I just feel violated, that's all....Besides, they didn't take any of my UGA collectibles, so I'm a bit more relieved (hehe I had to find the humor in here somewhere....) =o)

• miss_uga
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #7374 by DawgSpeare
Replied by DawgSpeare on topic Re:Relationships
My condolences go out to you and your family as well. I am very sorry for your loss. It is a shame that some stoop to violate the standards of decency at the expense of others. No doubt it will always be that way, at least until the Millenium. Blessings to you lovely lady!

More
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds