Forum

Relationships

16 years 6 months ago #6969 by Buc
Relationships was created by Buc
Just a couple of after thoughts after reading much about UGA in the AJC and online.

I am not the young lad hollering wolf when there is no wolf. My thoughts have gone to the recent situation that presented itself to the faithful of Florida State. Bobby Bowden is a fine human being, and has a wonderful coaching record, leads the NCAA all-time in wins. Coach Bowden on the dinner circuit is one of the more prized catches in the off season, for good reason, he is an outstanding human being.

Coach Bowden made some serious mistakes not too long ago. First off in my opinion, he lost Richt from his coaching staff. Many folks in the Seminole Nation still hate the fact that MR is not with the FSU Seminoles. The program has been in a steady decline since MR left Tallahassee, that is a fact. Coach Bowden brings in son Jeff, this nearly brought the Seminole Nation to their knees. The burden that it put on Coach Bowden cannot be measured in type. It was simply a mistake. Huge mistake. Now BB is faced with what? Replacing his son, how hard is that to do, and which of us would want that responsibility if we were faced with the same situation. . . . . College football is a BUSINESS, make no mistake about that. Handwriting was on the wall, and Jeff is out, probably not to be heard from again in a major college program.

That brings me to this . . . . Coach Richt is a fine man, has been around football all of his adult life, high school, college and pro. MR knows football, especially how to run an offense, and being able to do that, he has to understand defenses, if the team is to be successful. WM is a personal friend of MR, not his brother by blood, but close. Some of the same feelings that Coach Bowden felt with the uprising over Jeff Bowden, I am sure Coach Richt has with WM. He said at his press conference that he purposely avoids . . . . or words to that effect, the newspapers and various other sports information that is out there for all to see. Say that if you will, but football information is like boats and water. Build the tightest ship you can, promise you that water will find its way into the hull.

A lot of coaches have grown up under Coach Bowden, and our Coach Richt is one of them. It is impossible to be around someone like Bobby Bowden and not form some of his same opinions not only about football, but about life. I know in my heart that Coach Richt was heavily influenced by Coach Bowden, both spiritually and sports wise.

Took me a while to get here, but the long and short of this is . . . .sometimes we have to do what is best for the team. Regardless of how bad it hurts, it is our responsibility to the huge following at UGA to put the best possible team on the field. We can have the best players from all states in the recruiting wars, however, it comes down to coaching these young men that produce the results. Here is hoping for results. Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 6 months ago #6970 by miss_uga
Replied by miss_uga on topic Re:Relationships
In total agreeance. Great post, Buc!

• miss_uga
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #6974 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Relationships
Bingo Buc !

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 6 months ago #6981 by SthGADawg
Replied by SthGADawg on topic Re:Relationships
Right on buc!!

• SthGADawg
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #6989 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re:Relationships
SthGADawg, welcome to the forum. Guessing from the sig, where in South Georgia? As wlayton mentioned, there are some very good and knowledgable posters here. Enjoy and put your two cents worth in, or more if you wish . . . . . Go Dawgs!

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 6 months ago #6992 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re:Relationships
miss__UGA, really enjoy ladies that enjoy football, especially UGA football. My wife and I have watched football together for many years, and I have learned much. Thanks for your comments and remember . . . . Go Dawgs!

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds