Forum

Relationships

16 years 6 months ago #7063 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Relationships
Dawgs have integrity. We don't look it up. We by God know it or we admit we don't and ask the answer.

I know that real men are supposed to use fighting terms or some such, but the main method of oneupsmanship in my family of academicians is Trivial Pursuit. Besides, she was bragging on her UGA trivia knowledge. Just hoping to get a little healthy back-and-forth here, trivia demon that I am.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #7065 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Relationships
..........but she can still look it up..........

Just messin with ya dapolla--

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 6 months ago #7072 by miss_uga
Replied by miss_uga on topic Re:Relationships
Well, I knew the 1980 FB was Jimmy Womack and since he was a senior, I am going to guess that he was in 1979 too, but with that being the year I was BORN, I could stand corrected. I'm not always right, but I do like to brush up on all seasons, so if I am wrong, please tell me. I do remember hearing the recording of Womack recovering a fumble in the 1980 game that kept TN to a safety that COULD have saved us the game, since we only won by 1 point. (My dad collects all old recordings of past games)

Sorry I don't have the absolute confidence of more seasoned fans, but I learn as I go...and my love grows deeper the more I learn!

• miss_uga
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #7074 by miss_uga
BTW Dapolla, I think it would be loads of fun to have you at one of our tailgating parties to do a little Trivial Pursuit! It's time to make up some invitations and see who else would be willing to play.

• miss_uga
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #7077 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Relationships
Your father...collects...WHAT? <drool> YOU MEAN AUDIO RECORDINGS? A COLLECTION??? <slobber>

Okay...okay...calming down...WHERE CAN I GET MY HANDS ON THEM?

By the way, THIS dawg was also born in Carter's America, in 1979. The year we went 6-5 and STILL almost won the SEC. Stinkin' Auburn...

I'd love to come to a tailgate. Not a problem with me.

Oh, by the way:

1980 Tennessee game starting tailback: Donnie McMickens
1979 starter: Matt Simon

YOUR TURN TO ASK...I promise to guess if I don't know (c;

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 6 months ago #7079 by miss_uga
I'll have a good one for ya by tomorrow! (I've got to get to my chiropractor...) Thanks for the correction. That just makes it easier to beat the scum in FL next time! (Hey, if I have the extra tickets, I'll want you right there to shake your head at me when I goof....as I did before...) But hey, I tried. I could have SWORN Womack started....eh, well.....I appreciate the answer all the more!! Of course I misread and got too excited...thinking you said FB....which makes me wonder....wasn't Matt Simon the starting TB in 79 at some point?

And I'll do all I can to supply the audio for ya! My dad is pretty stingy, but he'd appreciate you putting me in my place when I got an answer wrong! =o)

• miss_uga
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds