Forum

1-13-16 Kirby Smart Press Conference Thoughts

8 years 3 months ago #72467 by Buc

kentdaddy wrote: So in love right now.....................swoon.

You were a very strong voice on Dawgs.com about changes needing to be made. Dates back years. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #72469 by Buc
OK, here I go . . . . again. Kirby Smart using the word "gotta" several times in the article written by Seth Emerson.

“We’ve gotta be able to throw the ball better than what we’ve done in the past here,” Smart said. “And I think we can do that with the people we have here. We’ve gotta improve the offensive line. We’ve gotta get bigger people. We’ve gotta get more depth. We’ve gotta be able to survive a couple injuries, because it’s gonna happen, it’s inevitable. There’s a lot of areas to improve on. “We’ve gotta improve on defense too. All that can be done through recruiting and the weight room. And that’s what we’re focused on.”

Kirby Smart is not playing a guessing game. Flat out putting his methods of changing Georgia Football for all to read. Means to me that he has to back up the "word play". I like it when the "TOP" does not look at others for agreement. Previous "TOP" did that. Don't think so, watch his videos . . . . you pick or select the year. Youtube is full of information on the "before".
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 3 months ago #72470 by Buc
For those that have not watched the Kirby Smart video . . . .

The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
8 years 3 months ago #72473 by Buc
Noticed that Kirby Smart did not have to ask one of the assistants to bring him up to speed on a particular question from the beat writers.

Soon, those that ask things that do not make sense, or looking for a "scoop" will see the "other side" of Head Coach Kirby Smart. Kirby Smart is well versed in more than on field football.

Bet this . . . . someone in the press will get to visit the "dark side" of Kirby Smart. Laid back, Kirby Smart ain't.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 3 months ago #72474 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic 1-13-16 Kirby Smart Press Conference Thoughts
Something else that is about as obvious as a sore thumb is how concise his answers are. None of these vague and nebulous answers like "well I think we need to watch film and see how to improve X" or "we just have to make enough plays to get a chance to be in the game," or any other such nonsense.

Ask a question. Get an answer. Period.

I can guarantee you that when the losses come, he'll have exact answers as to why we lost a game, what will be worked on in the upcoming week, and no vague generalities to hide the denial or incompetence as to what the problems were.

I can't even begin to explain how refreshing this is to hear, to see, and be a part of.

Those who know what I feel need no explanation. Those who do need it explained to them..well...your coach is in Miami.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg, yankeedawg1

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 3 months ago #72475 by growl
Richt liked to look down his nose when answering certain questions and addressing issues he felt the general Dawg fan did'nt have any business asking, the media let him get away with it, dawgs.com did'nt.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds