Forum

1-13-16 Kirby Smart Press Conference Thoughts

8 years 3 months ago #72476 by Buc

growl wrote: Richt liked to look down his nose when answering certain questions and addressing issues he felt the general Dawg fan did'nt have any business asking, the media let him get away with it, dawgs.com didn't.

Too many times when being asked a certain question, especially one that would require a "full and complete answer" . . . . Previous head coach would break in before the question was finished and go the "short route".

SouthernDawg is spot on, the coach for the "bleeding hearts" now resides in Miami, Dade County, Florida.

MR had problems with certain coaches in the SEC, yes even the SEC East. Dabo and Jimbo will be coaches that will continue the downfall of a "offensive coordinator" now the head coach at the "U".
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #72477 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic 1-13-16 Kirby Smart Press Conference Thoughts
Kirby Smart poster going up in my hallway tonight:)

1. As many have said already, concise answers. Like a high school coach would do.

2. Mentioned 2-3 times OL.

3. Keeps saying "recruiting" and "weight room".

4. UGA....homeGROWN!!!!!!! Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #72479 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic 1-13-16 Kirby Smart Press Conference Thoughts
Looking at some of the quotes on DawgNation after the Kirby presser today...These were just too good not to share:

...Getting him [Kirby] here is more invigorating, refreshing and rejuvenating than the high colonic cleansing we flushed to Miami...

...I agree wholeheartedly. Let's not waste any more breath on the naysayers who just sit around, suck their thumb and imagine spooning with Mark Richt...

...We needed a new culture of champions and excellence in everything that Georgia does, facilities, players, coaches, attitude, behavior, loyalty. Most importantly, Georgia needs to think of being champions...

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 3 months ago #72483 by Buc
Most on this board, Dawgs.com, have had a lot to say for several years now about coaching at The University of Georgia. Good, bad or otherwise. I have.

Some know that I keep records, not that it makes a difference, but takes me to this . . . .

Kirby Smart is now our head coach.

I know that there are many that are not in agreement with what is posted on this board, call them outsiders. Can't speak to that other than, it is truly easy to express your opinion, unless you are ugly, your point can be discussed.

Question . . . . Not an easy question in my estimation.

Is Kirby Smart the best hire that the "Group" could have made? This question is not about Greg McGarity, Athletic Director, it is about those that make the "final decision". That is not the Athletic Director in this particular instance.

Allow me this . . . . If you had the choice of another person to be appointed head coach . . . . who would that be?

Are "we" sold on Kirby Smart?

What do we know about Kirby Smart other than he has been a student of the game in Tuscaloosa?

Next question . . . . From the time VD took our program over in the 1960's up until the hiring of Kirby Smart . . . . What have we accomplished? I say we have played some very good football, on occasion. What keeps us from winning "simply" the "SEC East". Lack of talent?

Going to stop in this particular post with this . . . . Greg McGarity was hit between the eyes with this . . . . Your damn job is on the line. yd1 said it well, McGarity will not look you in the eyes when a decision is being made. Take his half million dollar salary annually and fix the public restrooms. 30 million dollar Indoor Practice Facility and he wants to tell us how much he has moved "our program" forward? I will take Damon back, yes the "red panties" dude. McGarity is along for the ride. Doing the same thing that Mark Richt did, collect the money. Many don't know or believe what I just posted. There will be a time to discuss this, and I bet this . . . . there will be some copy in the press that mentions what I said.

Said I was going to be short . . . .

Kirby Smart, Athens has not changed since you left. You can change more than the football team. I sincerely believe that "you" understand the need for "fans". Going to be a lot of "stuff" on your shoulders, that has always been the case in Athens since the 1960's. Now the fan base and those that played between the "Hedges" want more.

Nick Saban took up the "cause" in Tuscaloosa . . . . you sir are faced with the same stuff that Saban was faced with upon his arrival in "T Town".

I believe you are the right man/coach to change football in Athens. Ball is definitely in your court Kirby. Many of us "know" that you are "all that".

Some of us know that it is not about 10 win seasons. That "stuff" is now in Miami, Dade County, Florida.

Building blocks are in Athens, going to be a relief to say, Erk is happy again. Jeremy Pruitt with a year or two more could have accomplished more than he did, and in my mind, accomplished more than everyone since Erk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 3 months ago #72484 by Buc

BulldogShannon wrote: Kirby Smart poster going up in my hallway tonight:)

1. As many have said already, concise answers. Like a high school coach would do.

2. Mentioned 2-3 times OL.

3. Keeps saying "recruiting" and "weight room".

4. UGA....homeGROWN!!!!!!! Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shannon, Kirby came to make "changes". Been too many years since the "Group" awakened. JMHO.

More
8 years 3 months ago #72487 by scooby
Buc, I think smart was a good choice. I like that he stayed in one place for a while instead of changing jobs every two years. Also, did not help uga in the short term when he stayed on with bama, but says a lot about his character.

I personally don't see uga record improving a lot in the next few years. Just a lot of other teams that want to be champs too. Hey, I look forward to seeing how it turns out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc

More
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds