Forum

1-13-16 Kirby Smart Press Conference Thoughts

8 years 3 months ago #72519 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic 1-13-16 Kirby Smart Press Conference Thoughts

rockdawg wrote:
It will take time to build the lines, but I see that as a big first step up, making the most of what we have....

Regular mantra on dawgs.com--> "Coach 'em up!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #72521 by Buc
Lifted from rockdawg's post above . . . .

It will take time to build the lines, but I see that as a big first step up, making the most of what we have, and then smaller increments of recruiting and developing one top notch stud at a time.

Spot on.

Those that pretend to understand the game of football (MR Bleeding Hearts) will be ready to pounce if Kirby Smart and Company have one let down. I don't post on other sites, and I have challenged myself often not to get into the "simple simon" talk that is out there with "supposed" knowledgeable UGA fans and media. Yes, media.

dawgs_fans_dad, if there is one thing that I believe will be accomplished by Kirby Smart and Company, it will be as you said . . . . "Coach 'em up"!

Dawgs.com was the originator of the Pruitt/Rocker and Company. Some in the media used the term, just cut a word here and there.

Also, we used the term Pruitt/Rocker and Company for this reason . . . . they were "Coaching 'em up"! on the defensive side of the ball. Head coach at that time never fit in the saying as does Kirby Smart now.

Go Dawgs, Coach'em up . . . .

Good read guys. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 3 months ago #72522 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic 1-13-16 Kirby Smart Press Conference Thoughts
Recruiting linemen is more than counting stars
It is evaluating potential, raw talent.
Saban starts looking at these kids when they are high school sophomores.
Looking at Pitman and what he did at Arkansas, we got the coach we needed.
Clearly Coach Smart saw the OL as a glaring weakness.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 3 months ago #72536 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic One FINAL comment.........
As the clarity of a new leader sets upon our hungry fanbase, it isn't uncommon for the same clarity to rise up from our SEC comrades. That being said, I give you some humor, some hindsight and yes, some a final measure of closure!

Clarity, thy name is Mark Richt !!!!

GO DAWGS !!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg, averagedawg

More
8 years 3 months ago #72539 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic One FINAL comment.........
The only people I know who are lamenting the loss of Richt are fans of other schools.

More
8 years 3 months ago #72540 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic One FINAL comment.........

NC_Dawg wrote: As the clarity of a new leader sets upon our hungry fanbase, it isn't uncommon for the same clarity to rise up from our SEC comrades. That being said, I give you some humor, some hindsight and yes, some a final measure of closure!

Clarity, thy name is Mark Richt !!!!

GO DAWGS !!!!

Ouch!

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds